The tWo Hangout

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Also - some idiot jumped on the tracks and I’ve been waiting for a train for a half hour now. One of the downsides to public transportation.

Still a huge reason why I want to move to Chicago. Car got a flat tire last week, have to pay my insurance here in the next month. I hate it.

But yeah, public transportation can be ****ty sometimes. We have a bus system called the Cyride here in Ames and usually it's pretty reliable but the other day the buses ran way late and missed a class because of it. Definitely can be draw backs at times.

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Still a huge reason why I want to move to Chicago. Car got a flat tire last week, have to pay my insurance here in the next month. I hate it.

But yeah, public transportation can be ****ty sometimes. We have a bus system called the Cyride here in Ames and usually it's pretty reliable but the other day the buses ran way late and missed a class because of it. Definitely can be draw backs at times.

Yeah, in general public transit is pretty good. The delays aren’t any more often than traffic jams and delays due to car accidents. There’s that old phrase “say what you want about Mussolini, but at least the trains ran on time.” Sometimes I feel it’s rather apt for Chicago. Not that I dislike anything about Chicago, but rather for all the bad people will say about it, the public transportation is fantastic.