Forum Glitch

Broncofan

Hi there,

I’ve experienced a weird glitch with the following strange glitches once I log in (if I’m a guest it doesn’t show up):

-only the team Forums show up no NFL Gen / NFL News / NFL draft / etc. 

-when I click a topic only the first post of each page shows up unless I reload.  

It only showed up the last 3 days.   I thought it might be a specific computer but just saw this on my iPhone 

Browsers - Chrome / Firefox 

platforms - IMac & iPhone 

I’ve refreshed the cache - any other suggestions?   

Me too.  It's like the side links take up the entire page and the actual forum posts don't load. Even the text in the comment is centered.  

It happens in IE and Chrome on PC (at work) and also Chrome mobile.  Strangely, everything was fine last night on my home PC (Chrome).

Btw guys from past experience if you list what devices and browser you use when the glitch occurs it often can help the admins ID the issue.  Like @areksoo did (I listed it in my OP - but I've also reproduced it on a Windows PC with Win7 and IE <work doesn't allow any other programs>).  

I also get the weird centering of text too.  If I reload the page on my iPhone / Chrome sometimes it goes away other times it stays.  And it’s only been since this week never a problem b4.  Weird. 

It looks like this is happening to only a handful of members and I've been unable to reproduce the error.   It may be a technical issue with one ad that is only being shown to a few members.   I'll look into and try to get it fixed.   

Please remember that if you have comments or questions about forum ads, please send me a PM.  We do not discuss ads on the forum.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this exact issue as well.  On various PCs Win 7, Win 10 with Chrome, cleared caches, etc doesn't seem to remedy.  Weirdly haven't had it show up at all on mobile with iOS+Safari.

Also seems to be vaguely time related?  Higher traffic times of day it's almost constant.  Weird off-hours (like right now, generally after midnight/1am EST) seem to work perfectly fine.

Really frustrating.  Makes it pretty much impossible to use the forums at times.

I've been unable to reproduce this error.  It seems to only be happening to a small handful of users.   We have 1000s of members visiting the site each day with out issue.   From the very little information in this topic, it seem to be happening for users at work or users from an ISP in Canada.   My guess is that this ISP in Canada and some of your work ISPs are occasionally blocking some elements of the forum web page.  This is causing it to 'glitch'.

Archived