Musing From Broncos Training Camp

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Dear God. Another one? If I'm Elway I fire the entire strength and conditioning staff tomorrow. 

They're all on the dline I wonder if Bill Kollar is wearing them out too much. Maybe the rotation was too thin to start, and it's snowballing.

7 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Dear God. Another one? If I'm Elway I fire the entire strength and conditioning staff tomorrow. 

Maybe McCoy brought the injury bug from SD?! But seriously, we are not off to a good start.

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

The 49ers are pretty deep along their defensive line, it would make sense to trade a late round pick for one of their rotational guys. 

Sure, let's get Buckner.. All jokes aside, what are the chances we try to trade for a starter or projected starter? I know we all kind of wear this one out but Sheldon Richardson? I mean the Jets want to tank and accumulate picks, right?

9 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Maybe McCoy brought the injury bug from SD?! But seriously, we are not off to a good start.

Sure, let's get Buckner.. All jokes aside, what are the chances we try to trade for a starter or projected starter? I know we all kind of wear this one out but Sheldon Richardson? I mean the Jets want to tank and accumulate picks, right?

Richardson salary the biggest issue at 8M.    He'd likely only cost a 5th.   And guy is such a headcase.  But the one big possible plus is he'd be one and done with us he'd chase the $ for sure - so we could get a 3rd-4th comp pick back if he played his butt off and got paid.   But that's a big IF.  As great as our squad is at dealing with personalities he'd be the worst case we ever took on.   It's no coincidence why no one else is biting on the Jets' offer of a 5th since before the draft.  

Quinton Dial probably would only cost us a 6th-7th, is cheap and SF has Buckner / Armstead / Thomas way ahead of him in their rotation.   Seems like too good of a fit to happen esp with SF & DEN together and the excellent relationship Elway & Lynch have together.  

Dial would immediately become the second best defensive lineman on this team. He's an above average player who is just a strange fit in the 49ers' new defense and is losing reps quickly there. Solid vs. the run, great size at 6'5" 318. And if he really shows out, his 2018 and 2019 cap hits are quite affordable. Would make too much sense really. 

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Richardson salary the biggest issue at 8M.    He'd likely only cost a 5th.   And guy is such a headcase.  But the one big possible plus is he'd be one and done with us he'd chase the $ for sure - so we could get a 3rd-4th comp pick back if he played his butt off and got paid.   But that's a big IF.  As great as our squad is at dealing with personalities he'd be the worst case we ever took on.   It's no coincidence why no one else is biting on the Jets' offer of a 5th since before the draft.  

Quinton Dial probably would only cost us a 6th-7th, is cheap and SF has Buckner / Armstead / Thomas way ahead of him in their rotation.   Seems like too good of a fit to happen esp with SF & DEN together and the excellent relationship Elway & Lynch have together.  

Certainly wouldn't want Richardson, for all the reasons mentioned above. I think his constant gripes and criticism at B Marsh show what type of character he has. Not what we need on the roster. 

In a time since passed first round of cuts would be happening soon, and we'd be able to see if any decent lineman were made available and see if we could pick them up. As it is there's only one round of cuts now and we can't wait that long. 

Had a gander at the still available free agents. Not surprisingly there isn't a lot out there.

14 hours ago, champ11 said:

Apparently it was Paxton's best day today 

•  

Our long-term future is just miles head if Lynch can figure it out...but going off 2 practices after all the issues he's had...I'll believe it when he can do it consistently, and in-game (and keep in mind, preseason the D's are as vanilla as they get scheme wise - which is why struggling in preseason is so bad, while excelling in it doesn't guarantee success - but let's face it, any success would be a welcome change).    We've been down this road 2-3x before with Lynch's flashes of physical talent (last year from the gun, this season's OTA's) only to be crushed watching some in-game horror shows to get even remotely excited now.  But, at least it's made it worth staying up and watching (if I wasn't travelling, anyways).

While the 49ers beat reporters might be biased for their guys (and so the Betheard comment is completely taken with a grain of salt), their assessment of our situation, as with other outsiders, isn't tinged with hope projected onto the assessments like we are falling into - it's always a good double-check to see how the outsiders view the situation, so this should be fun to see their in-game commentary as well as our own.    

Either way though, it will make for some actual interest on Saturday.  Sucks I won't be able to see it, on a plane doing the redeye - will have to record and view later on in the week, not even the next day unless I can find an online feed that will work with plane wifi (not holding my breath lol)....so I'm looking forward to some updates and in-depth eye-witness reports, guys!

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:
  •  

Our long-term future is just miles head if Lynch can figure it out...but going off 2 practices after all the issues he's had...I'll believe it when he can do it consistently, and in-game (and keep in mind, preseason the D's are as vanilla as they get scheme wise - which is why struggling in preseason is so bad, while excelling in it doesn't guarantee success - but let's face it, any success would be a welcome change).    We've been down this road 2-3x before with Lynch's flashes of physical talent (last year from the gun, this season's OTA's) only to be crushed watching some in-game horror shows to get even remotely excited now.  But, at least it's made it worth staying up and watching (if I wasn't travelling, anyways).

While the 49ers beat reporters might be biased for their guys (and so the Betheard comment is completely taken with a grain of salt), their assessment of our situation, as with other outsiders, isn't tinged with hope projected onto the assessments like we are falling into - it's always a good double-check to see how the outsiders view the situation, so this should be fun to see their in-game commentary as well as our own.    

Either way though, it will make for some actual interest on Saturday.  Sucks I won't be able to see it, on a plane doing the redeye - will have to record and view later on in the week, not even the next day unless I can find an online feed that will work with plane wifi (not holding my breath lol)....so I'm looking forward to some updates and in-depth eye-witness reports, guys!

I'm just happy our qb situation isn't like the Jaguars situation. I mean is there a team in the league with a qb situation worse than them with a talented roster around the position?

I mean as up and down as Lynch has been. Bortles was so bad last night he may never play in Jax again. Ramsey has liked posts on Instagram of other qb options. It's like this situation magnified by 100.

On 8/18/2017 at 5:17 AM, thebestever6 said:

Pressure either breaks pipes or builds a diamond, the cream always rises to the top.

I don't by the locker room divide if lynch shows up saturday hes winning the competition.

Sadly Lynch's pipes were made out of glass this offseason.    Here's to hoping it can improve in a year or less rather than take as long as diamonds.  

Archived