‘Bronny to the Dubs

malak1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, for one, he is LeBron F'n James.....But yeah, not happening. Better chance they end up with AD than Bron. 

Disagree. Pelicans won't trade AD. He loves it there, he's locked up long term and they have zero motivation to do so. Far better chance they find a way to sign Lebron in free agency but I don't see either happening really.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, for one, he is LeBron F'n James.....But yeah, not happening. Better chance they end up with AD than Bron. 

I mean...if the Warriors know that they're going to have to get rid of Klay or Draymond, then it makes sense.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean...if the Warriors know that they're going to have to get rid of Klay or Draymond, then it makes sense.

Does it though? Only way they save money is if they get rid of both. Losing Klay while adding Bron does exactly what to the luxury tax problems? At least with AD, you get a young superstar in his prime. Bron only has a few more high level years left in him and has made it crystal clear he isn't taking any discount. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Does it though? Only way they save money is if they get rid of both. Losing Klay while adding Bron does exactly what to the luxury tax problems? At least with AD, you get a young superstar in his prime. Bron only has a few more high level years left in him and has made it crystal clear he isn't taking any discount. 

Well if it's between LeBron and AD then definitely AD.

I think everyone should just go ahead and understand that this will never happen.

I don't have a problem with LeBron if he goes to the Warriors.  Obviously that would heavily delude any potential competition the Warriors would have if LeBron went to another team, but people criticize him so much for his Finals record and the amount of rings he has.  

51 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Pelicans won't trade AD. He loves it there

There's probably a legit chance he leaves when he nears the end of his contract.  He probably does like it in that community and you might be right, he might not leave ever.  But then he has to be content with losing and not having a chance at a championship.

54 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Disagree. Pelicans won't trade AD. He loves it there, he's locked up long term and they have zero motivation to do so. Far better chance they find a way to sign Lebron in free agency but I don't see either happening really.

He can opt out in 2020.  You're telling me they wouldn't trade him for Al Horford, Jaylen Brown and the #3 pick if offered?

So the easiest and best way for this to happen would be for LeBron to pull a CP3 and opt in to his contract and just get straight up traded to Golden State for Klay Thompson and Andre Iquodala (and draft picks I'd guess).  LeBron could then sign an extension in January.  This would only cost him $6 million in salary over the next 4 years as opposed to a S&T.

With the trade, Golden State would be able to retain Curry, Durant, Draymond Green, Shaun Livingston, Jordan Bell, Damian Jones and restricted free agentPatrick McCaw. This scenario also would not have an impact on Durant's free agency. The All-Star could either opt into his $26.2 million contract or sign a max salary as a free agent.

Of course Lebron said he would go there for the max. They can’t give him a max deal unless Durant takes even less money. 

101 million cap 

Curry 37

durant at another discount of 25 million 

that’s 62 million with no one else. 

Thats only 39 million under the cap. So he can’t sign outright. 

So they have to do a sign and trade. 

If I’m the Cavs I’m getting green and Klay to make that deal. 

Curry/Durant/James and a bunch of vet minimums isn’t any more likely to dominate the league than the warriors are dominating without him. 

Wow, this would just be stupid, I think he knows it'd tarnish his legacy forever. I don't know if this is just simply clickbait stuff or what. He's known now as the super player who's going up against the super team assuming he can get there a 4th time in a row and not BOS or TOR.

I don't doubt he's leaving Cleveland because the team he kind of created is blowing up in his face and if CLE is unwilling to move the picks to get him a Championship caliber squad when he's already in his 30's, then I can see Lebron uprooting for a team where he can win multiple championships with the current core, just not sure it's Golden State for the reasons I mentioned. I think people really need to watch out for Philly. The 76'ers have a lot of money they could use this offseason and a core of Simmons/Lebron/Embiid is ridiculously good. Depending on who they offloaded or could off load they'd have enough money to bring in Lebrons friend Chris Paul too.

Chris Paul

Simmons

Lebron

Saric

Emiid

That's some good stuff there.

15 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Of course Lebron said he would go there for the max. They can’t give him a max deal unless Durant takes even less money. 

101 million cap 

Curry 37

durant at another discount of 25 million 

that’s 62 million with no one else. 

Thats only 39 million under the cap. So he can’t sign outright. 

So they have to do a sign and trade. 

If I’m the Cavs I’m getting green and Klay to make that deal. 

Curry/Durant/James and a bunch of vet minimums isn’t any more likely to dominate the league than the warriors are dominating without him. 

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So the easiest and best way for this to happen would be for LeBron to pull a CP3 and opt in to his contract and just get straight up traded to Golden State for Klay Thompson and Andre Iquodala (and draft picks I'd guess).  LeBron could then sign an extension in January.  This would only cost him $6 million in salary over the next 4 years as opposed to a S&T.

With the trade, Golden State would be able to retain Curry, Durant, Draymond Green, Shaun Livingston, Jordan Bell, Damian Jones and restricted free agentPatrick McCaw. This scenario also would not have an impact on Durant's free agency. The All-Star could either opt into his $26.2 million contract or sign a max salary as a free agent.

Archived