‘Bronny to the Dubs

malak1

Got to think Lebron, Durant and Curry together would mean 82-0. To me Lebron is better off enhancing his legacy going to a team where he's the unquestioned guy, not a team where he'd have to compete for being the main guy on the team as it would be on Golden State.

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22281387/golden-state-warriors-play-lebron-james

This is just speculation, but if it did happen, what would it mean for his legacy?

It may be a temporary death sentence for the NBA. I mean, who would watch?

Also, the NBA would seriously need to rethink how to restore some semblance of "competitive balance" by adding something like a Franchise Tag or dis-allowing "No Trade Clauses" in players' contracts. 

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

Personally, I wouldn’t care. It would be interesting to see what the Celtics and Rockets do to counter (pro tip: it wouldn’t matter, lol).

The three best players in the NBA all playing together, with one of the best spot up/catch and shoot guys in Klay and a rim protector who can defend almost anyone and shoot in Dray? Yeah, it literally wouldn't matter unless guys were in a horrific accident/injury.

If I were GS, I'd tell 'Bron to pound sand and that clearly we don't need him to win championships.

It would hurt his legacy because a large majority of NBA fans would look down on Lebron for this. Your legacy is a product of how fans perceive you. Joining a superteam because you couldn't beat them, especially when you have all the pull needed to form your own superteam, is not a good look. Not to mention it'd mean giving up the reigns as the top dog, as Lebron is at best on equal footing with KD and Curry on the Warriors, amd knowing his nature he'd gladly slump into being the 3rd option and giving them all the key shots. 

I don't think it will happen, honestly don't see the reason for either side. Lebron cares about his legacy, he wouldn't do a move like this IMO, and he has all the pull to form his own superteam. On the flipside, why would the Warriors fix something that is not broken? You could say the same with KD, but remember they only had to really cut Barnes out of the equation to make room for KD. Getting rid of one of the core 4, which would be Klay I assume, and adding such a strong personality to the locker room when you're already dominating the league? I don't like it. Lebron and Kerr, does that really work? Can Lebron, KD and Curry share the ball? I try to ride out this core 4 until the wheels fall off if I'm the Warriors, although they've always been aggressive and unafraid to take risks so who knows.

It would be interesting to see the top 3 players all on the same team, and the media frenzy that would naturally hang over their every move. We'd probably see 75% of their games on national TV.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It may be a temporary death sentence for the NBA. I mean, who would watch?

Also, the NBA would seriously need to rethink how to restore some semblance of "competitive balance" by adding something like a Franchise Tag or dis-allowing "No Trade Clauses" in players' contracts. 

The three best players in the NBA all playing together, with one of the best spot up/catch and shoot guys in Klay and a rim protector who can defend almost anyone and shoot in Dray? Yeah, it literally wouldn't matter unless guys were in a horrific accident/injury.

If I were GS, I'd tell 'Bron to pound sand and that clearly we don't need him to win championships.

I’d watch. I’d hate it, but I’d watch. When they eventually lose/break up it’ll feel great lol. 

Also, obviously Dray or Klay or both might have to leave for this to work. So it’d be James, Durant, Steph and the rest vet min. Lol. They still win 70 games. Smh.

If it does happen, I hope it’s at the expense of Draymond ????????

As a Cavs fan, how would you feel? I’m guessing it’s not the same as last time since he brought you guys a title.

Also, what would this do for his legacy moving forward? Say he wins 4 titles in GS, does he become the GOAT, or does this “tarnish” his legacy in the eyes of most?

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

I’d watch. I’d hate it, but I’d watch. When they eventually lose/break it’ll feel great lol. 

Also, obviously Dray or Klay or both might have to leave for this to work. So it’d be James, Durant, Steph and the rest vet min. Lol. They still win 70 games. Smh.

As a Cavs fan, how would you feel? I’m guessing it’s not the same as last time since he brought you guys a title.

Also, what would this do for his legacy moving forward? Say he wins 4 titles in GS, does he become the GOAT, or does this “tarnish” his legacy in the eyes of most?

People would probably view those 4 titles the same way they view any 4 of Bill Russell's 11 titles.

22 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I’d watch. I’d hate it, but I’d watch. When they eventually lose/break up it’ll feel great lol. 

I wouldn't watch at all. I wouldn't see the point TBH.

Most likely, but I don't know. There is a scenario where KD could take less and a few bench guys leave and they'd be hit with a minimal penalty for a year or two. But yeah, after that 1-2 year window something would have to give.

That would be hilarious, but I still think he's arguably their MVP with what he does as a 2 way player.

I wouldn't care. He brought us a title. TBH, I never cared that he left back in 2010. I had a MAJOR issue with how he left though. I think in hindsight he realizes how bad it was/came across and what he did to the fans. I think he felt like he didn't owe ownership an explanation (he didn't) but the way he dragged the fans through it, he realizes now how it came across.

No chance he ever becomes the GOAT in my/anyone else's eyes, and he'll be considered someone who took the "easy way out". At least when he left Cleveland for the Heat and formed his own "super team", he didn't run off and join the Celtics, who he couldn't beat, or the Lakers, who had just won a title. He took a lower/mid level team, got another guy, and won 2 titles. That's not the same as "if you can't beat them, join them".

LeBron's folks are the kings of leaking stuff. No coincidence this is leaked a week before the trade deadline. Basically telling the front office you guys better make some moves ASAP, regardless if it involves the Nets pick or not. 

First his team leaked to Windhorst about the Kyrie trade demand, then they leak last week that LeBron never wanted Kyrie traded and asked the FO to keep him and now this. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his team leaking out IT calling out Love in the meeting after the Thunder game. 

Archived