Miscellaneous News V 5.0

Breesus mode

My problem with harsh punishments regarding teams(not the individuals who hid things, speaking purely of the sports teams/players) is those players getting punished. I didn't like the Penn State punishments for the same reason, why should players who had nothing to do with the issues be punished for it?

Punish the individuals responsible, not the people that had nothing to do with it, IMO.

36 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

My problem with harsh punishments regarding teams(not the individuals who hid things, speaking purely of the sports teams/players) is those players getting punished. I didn't like the Penn State punishments for the same reason, why should players who had nothing to do with the issues be punished for it?

Punish the individuals responsible, not the people that had nothing to do with it, IMO.

At some point the kids and coaches that had nothing to do with it while unfortunately will beat consequence, need to just deal and accept it. This is a total systemic failure of every aspect of the athletic program at MSU, the athletic program needs to go away for a few years as a deterrant. This can't keep happening there need to be iron clad consequence for the university and it's athletic program that unfortunately will come down on some of these kids. 

But we can't keep doing the same thing and expect different  results. MSU athletics as a whole needs to face serious and extreme consequences.

41 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

At some point the kids and coaches that had nothing to do with it while unfortunately will beat consequence, need to just deal and accept it. This is a total systemic failure of every aspect of the athletic program at MSU, the athletic program needs to go away for a few years as a deterrant. This can't keep happening there need to be iron clad consequence for the university and it's athletic program that unfortunately will come down on some of these kids. 

But we can't keep doing the same thing and expect different  results. MSU athletics as a whole needs to face serious and extreme consequences.

This isn't deterrence. Let's not even try to go there. It's retribution. And TitanLegend's post is a great explanation for why retribution is an ineffective justification here.

as much as i wanna see some heads roll, something approaching actual justice would be putting MSU on the hook for the cost of every single victim’s physical and mental healthcare + whatever other material damages were incurred as a result of their assault.

The starting point should be the following people losing their jobs and should be potentially investigated for criminal conduct:

- any coach/assistant coach with knowledge of these incidents who didn’t report them to law enforcement

- any administrator with knowledge of these incidents who didn’t report them to law enforcement

At this point that explains the resignations that we’ve seen so far at MSU. There needs to be more very soon.

Moreover, Mark Emerett know about this in 2010. He needs to be removed from his position. The same goes for anyone else at the NCAA who knew about the incidents at MSU and didn’t say anything. 

Anything short of removing these people from their jobs and investigating criminal charges is a total failure.

I don’t really care if the NCAA bans all sports or not if literally every person involved is gone. If they do close the athletic program, fine. If not, that’s ok too. The priority right now should be finding every last person responsible and holding them accountable.

2 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Moreover, Mark Emerett know about this in 2010. He needs to be removed from his position. The same goes for anyone else at the NCAA who knew about the incidents at MSU and didn’t say anything. 

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/22143668/former-gymnast-says-michigan-state-university-president-not-fit-larry-nassar-hearing-schedule

"I don't have enough information [on] the details of what transpired at the school right now," Emmert said. "That's obviously something that the university itself is looking deeply into. You hear that testimony -- it just breaks your heart when you look at it, but I can't offer an opinion at this time. It's clearly very, very disturbing, and I know the leadership there is equally shaken by it."

This is the same guy who will call any player compensation "disgusting" with a straight face.

At some point, the players need to realize the moral compass of the guys they're up against. If they want any change in the NCAA, it's going to have to come from financial bleeding because money is the only guiding principal Mark Emmert has. It's getting to the point I hope the players in the National Title game or Final Four agree to not play until a few hours after air time so that the NCAA loses all of their commercial revenue.

21 hours ago, -Hope- said:

as much as i wanna see some heads roll, something approaching actual justice would be putting MSU on the hook for the cost of every single victim’s physical and mental healthcare + whatever other material damages were incurred as a result of their assault.

I think that be very hard to do with it being a state college

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived