Mock including Kirk

soflbillsfan

With Alex Smith making the move to Washington Kirk has become a free agent. With that said he will review all his options which the most popular teams related to him are Arizona, Buffalo, Cleveland, Denver, and New York Jets. With Arizona getting a new HC i think they will focus on building the squad Wilks will want and not pursue Kirk. Browns and Jets are disasters and need to be rebuilds so that doesn't benefit him in any way. Denver could be the option but with less cap space and more to lose by cutting guys. He selects Buffalo because he gets paid, and has similar beliefs with Mcdermott and beane.  Bills have 32 mil in cap space (could be different once Eric Wood has officially retired come June 1). 80+ mil in cap space in 2019.

Bills Cut:

Tyrod Taylor (Frees up 9.5 million)

Jordan Mills (Frees up 2 million)

Vlad Ducasse (Frees up 1 million)

Extension:

Kelvin Benjamin 4 years 40 million 

Richie Incognito 2 year 10 million

By making these two moves this will clear up some cap space as both players are cap hits of 15 million total in 2019 by extending them they get more guaranteed money win/win

Going in to Free agency the bills will have close to 50 mil in cap space 

Bills resign:

Ej Gaines 3 years 18 million (6 mil per year)

Leonard Johnson 3 years 6 million (2 mil per year)

Seantrel Henderson 2 year 1.5 million (750k per year)

Cadet 1 year 900k

Bills Sign:

QB Kirk Cousins 5 years 120 mil (80 mil guaranteed) 24 mil per year with more guarantees which gives bills flexibility to land other free agents

WR Albert Wilson 3 years 15 million (5 mil per year) speedster down field

Bills Draft:

21 Vita Vea DT Washington

22 Rashaan Evans LB Alabama

53 Harrison Phillips DT Stanford

56 Braden Smith OG Auburn

95 Josh Sweat DE FSU

4th Nick Chubb RB Georgia

5th Will Hernandez RG UTEP 

Trade Jaguars 5th rd pick for a two 6th rd picks

6th Ray-Ray Mcloud WR Clemson

6th Shaquem Griffin LB UCF 

Issue I have with this is that this won't come close to filling our roster. We currently have 18 free agents... And you have us cutting 3 players. And resigning 4. So that gives 17 players we would need to add to get to just the minimum 53 man roster. You have us signing and drafting 11 players.  That brings us to about 47 players... We need to get to 90 for training camp. We signed 13 players to future contracts which brings us to 60. So by this we are going to be signing 30 UDFAs.... Need to add more free agent signings.

There is no way at all anyone is signing Cousins at $24m a year, he is going to be close to, if not above $30m.

And what is the obsession with cutting Ducasse? We lost Wood, so lost our backup guard in Groy, and you want to cut our starting RG to save barely any cap? What a great idea, rely on John Miller who for 2 of his 3 years has stunk. The obsession parts of our fan base has with Ducasse is crazy.

Oh. And Hernandez will be luckily to reach Day 2. Unless a major red flag emerges it is about as likely he goes round 5 as it Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield fall to pick 21

On 2/3/2018 at 1:17 PM, BigMountainGoat said:

There is no way at all anyone is signing Cousins at $24m a year, he is going to be close to, if not above $30m.

And what is the obsession with cutting Ducasse? We lost Wood, so lost our backup guard in Groy, and you want to cut our starting RG to save barely any cap? What a great idea, rely on John Miller who for 2 of his 3 years has stunk. The obsession parts of our fan base has with Ducasse is crazy.

Oh. And Hernandez will be luckily to reach Day 2. Unless a major red flag emerges it is about as likely he goes round 5 as it Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield fall to pick 21

Ducasse graded out as one of the worst Guards in the league and was the worst part of the bills oline this year. I do not have John miller as the starter i have him as a cheap back up with Braden Smith filling in at RG.

As for cousins I dont think he really cares about the 24 mil a year I think he will care more about the guaranteed money he will get which will allow the bills to be flexible. According to what he said he is willing to go on a team to be competitive and win so he will be flexible with some cap if he truly meant it. This is why I think Cousins will take less over all and be happy with guaranteed if he knows they can turn in to a better team with that difference in cap.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, marshawn lynch said:

Issue I have with this is that this won't come close to filling our roster. We currently have 18 free agents... And you have us cutting 3 players. And resigning 4. So that gives 17 players we would need to add to get to just the minimum 53 man roster. You have us signing and drafting 11 players.  That brings us to about 47 players... We need to get to 90 for training camp. We signed 13 players to future contracts which brings us to 60. So by this we are going to be signing 30 UDFAs.... Need to add more free agent signings.

Those are the big transactions of what I would like the bills to do they have more cap space left and are capable of finding more veterans to fill in those depth roles but I just wanted to go with the impact players. 

I know will hernandez had a solid senior bowl but he still has issues with mechanics and based off of what scout.com was saying they still think he is a day 3 guy. Im sure it may change but that is what I would go with if he  was there.

As said before, I really don't think Kirk takes less than what Matt Stafford signed, which was 5 years $135 mil. Even if you think winning is more important, he would probably get that much from a Minnesota or Denver.

It's not that I think he is money hungry, he just has leverage and is the best free agent QB this offseason, so why undervalue yourself? If Buffalo wants him, I see them ponying up the dough.

I get what your saying but keep in mind that 23 mil of that 135 is the last year of his contract that has zero guarantees unless he is on the roster and working out. Which is where they will likely extend him and make a new contract at that time. He only has 60 million in guarantees too. Essentially his contract is 4 years 108 mil as extension was involved at the time which took in to play his previous contract. Thats why I think if you offer more guarantees on Cousins contract then overall it will give him the money he wants and the flexibility for the team he signs with. I agree denver and minnesota could be teams but based on the divisions and the cap they have over the next 3 years bills are in the best situation as both teams will lose out on key players with cousins on the roster. Hopefully denver looks at foles and makes a trade for him. I still think minnesota brings back keenum and bridgewater, as bridgewater may not be a FA since he was on IR for multiple years. 

On 2/5/2018 at 10:44 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Ducasse graded out as one of the worst Guards in the league and was the worst part of the bills oline this year. I do not have John miller as the starter i have him as a cheap back up with Braden Smith filling in at RG.

As for cousins I dont think he really cares about the 24 mil a year I think he will care more about the guaranteed money he will get which will allow the bills to be flexible. According to what he said he is willing to go on a team to be competitive and win so he will be flexible with some cap if he truly meant it. This is why I think Cousins will take less over all and be happy with guaranteed if he knows they can turn in to a better team with that difference in cap.

Your simply whistling Dixie IMO. It is far more likely he signs elsewhere for around 35 million in guaranteed money, say for Denver, Arizona or the Jets. 24 million would not even get him to visit us!!! With so many suitters, he will get top dollar for sure.

Also, the Bills have traditionally not spent to their cap limit, so i expect they will attempt to hold back around 30 million yet again. So if we signed him, we would be cutting starters not signing more FA's.

Archived