Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Who is the NFL's best receiver of all-time...?

Randy Moss: “I’ll put myself first, I’ll put T.O. second. I would put Jerry Rice probably third or fourth. I’m talking about dominating the game and changing the game of football. I don’t live on statistics because if you live on statistics and live on championships that’s all political. You’ve seen guys released or cut from a team just by a couple words in the media. You’ve seen guys given contracts or you’ve seen guys not given contracts just because of the color of their skin. You’ve got to throw politics out of the game of football, and look at the impact of what each individual was able to make in the game of football.”

Terrell Owens: “When you think about Jerry and the quarterbacks he played with, he never had a drop-off in quarterback. He went from one Hall of Fame quarterback to another."  [Joe Montana to Steve Young]

Jerry Rice: "I’m 3rd with 3 Super Bowl Rings! I’ll take that any day, GOATS!"

https://247sports.com/Article/Jerry-Rice-claps-back-Randy-Moss-best-WR-comment-Terrell-Owens-157309149/?fbclid=IwAR1Mtohq4lkD-jl-uhbK43Ij3nGGZusTuqAabrHi9SGyqlxb3p7yAQDwi2M

I think people get too blinded by numbers. 

If you go by talent, and their impact on how defenses reacted to them, there isn’t a wide receiver to ever play the game that I would take over Randy Moss. He’s the most talented, and dangerous, player to ever play the position. 

However, I don’t think I would take Owens over Rice. Sideline/locker room antics aside, Owens was awesome, but Moss and Rice are truly the only two receivers that I’ve watched who made everything they did look effortless.

Of the receivers I’ve watched;

1. Randy Moss
2. Jerry Rice
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Terrell Owens
5. Antonio Brown

• Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 3:56 PM, vike daddy said:

Who is the NFL's best receiver of all-time...?

Randy Moss: “I’ll put myself first, I’ll put T.O. second. I would put Jerry Rice probably third or fourth. I’m talking about dominating the game and changing the game of football. I don’t live on statistics because if you live on statistics and live on championships that’s all political. You’ve seen guys released or cut from a team just by a couple words in the media. You’ve seen guys given contracts or you’ve seen guys not given contracts just because of the color of their skin. You’ve got to throw politics out of the game of football, and look at the impact of what each individual was able to make in the game of football.”

Terrell Owens: “When you think about Jerry and the quarterbacks he played with, he never had a drop-off in quarterback. He went from one Hall of Fame quarterback to another."  [Joe Montana to Steve Young]

Jerry Rice: "I’m 3rd with 3 Super Bowl Rings! I’ll take that any day, GOATS!"

https://247sports.com/Article/Jerry-Rice-claps-back-Randy-Moss-best-WR-comment-Terrell-Owens-157309149/?fbclid=IwAR1Mtohq4lkD-jl-uhbK43Ij3nGGZusTuqAabrHi9SGyqlxb3p7yAQDwi2M

Randy is great...but, he's no Jerry Rice.  He could've been...but he isn't. 

Rice is not just the best receiver to play the game, he's probably the best football player to play the game.

Miami beat the Raiders 26-25 on a 44-yard Jason Sanders field goal with one second remaining. The Dolphins remained in the driver’s seat for the final wild-card berth in the AFC, moving to 10-5. The Raiders fell to 7-8 and are eliminated from postseason contention. The teams combined for 22 points in the fourth quarter in a wild affair that saw three lead chances in the final 2:55.

The Raiders thought they had it won when they burned down the clock to 23 seconds before calling a timeout to kick a 22-yard Daniel Carlson field goal with 19 seconds left.

Carlson missed an extra point in the fourth quarter that proved the difference.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/26/fitzmagic-strikes-again-leading-dolphins-to-improbable-26-25-win/