Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

14 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I would rather move on after reading about his trouble following the Lions' team rules. It also sounded like he was going to the Ravens. That might only last through the end of the postseason, but if he is any good for them they'll have the first chance to negotiate with him.

I hadn't heard about the team rules incident(s). I'll have to do some reading about that.

I doubt he'd be interested in a reunion anyways. Best of luck to him wherever he lands. Was one of my favorite late round picks from these last couple of drafts.

12 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I hadn't heard about the team rules incident(s). I'll have to do some reading about that.

I doubt he'd be interested in a reunion anyways. Best of luck to him wherever he lands. Was one of my favorite late round picks from these last couple of drafts.

For anyone else that was curious.

“Kearse committed a violation of team rules before the Lions’ loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week when he left the team hotel without permission and was late for bed check, multiple sources told the Free Press,” Birkett noted.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020/12/30/22206278/jayron-kearse-violated-team-rules-detroit-lions-waived

On Friday, the Saints worked out a pair of free-agent kickers: Blair Walsh and Chandler Catanzaro.

Walsh last kicked in the NFL in 2017, with the Seahawks. He spent time in the 2019 offseason with the Falcons but didn’t win the job.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/01/saints-kick-tires-on-blair-walsh-chandler-catanzaro/

Adrian Peterson will likely go into the Hall of Fame one day mostly for his stellar 10-year career with the Vikings that included 11,747 rushing yards and 97 rushing touchdowns, both of which are franchise records.

But the 14-year veteran likely enjoyed his rushing touchdown Sunday, a 2-yard score that came against his former team. Peterson had seven carries for 63 yards against Minnesota, including a 38-yard rush which was his longest carry of the season.

The 35-year-old ranks fifth all-time with 14,820 rushing yards, and is fourth in league history with 118 rushing scores.

https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-kirk-cousins-lions-light-it-up?fbclid=IwAR1RTBddHVelyyAXgPPD3GT8P1kr--NJe3nYbCTacNZrSoPmeR9P6LvP4A4

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I always loved Fitz. Maybe its the Pitt bias but he's a top 5 receiver all time in my opinion. Give him the QBs that Rice or Moss (who is like 5 steps down from Rice) and I think he'd go down as the best ever.

Enjoy retirement, Larry!

And he could block better than Bobby Wade.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And he could block better than Bobby Wade.

Wade was a good blocker. He wasn't really any good at anything else but man did he help spring AD for some long runs.

I think even the refs applauded him and our receiving core for their run blocking.

Rice blocked well too, right?

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Wade was a good blocker. He wasn't really any good at anything else but man did he help spring AD for some long runs.

I think even the refs applauded him and our receiving core for their run blocking.

Rice blocked well too, right?

Yes, Rice was a good blocker, not Fitz good, but he was good...if Moss had put significant effort into it, he could have been a great blocker too because of his size and power.  But, he was passable at best.  The question with Moss was always effort, not ability.  Moss could have be as good at blocking as Fitz was, maybe even better, but he didn't want to.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Coaches and players testing positive now is a good indicator of who wasn’t following protocol over the holidays. 

It sucks, but given all of the protocols and procedures that the NFL s in place, COVID 19 is a self inflicted issue. 

Good points, which puts clearly in perspective how well it was handled by the Vikings' organization.  The only notable player and/or coach to ever miss time related to a COVID situation was Thielen and Janocko.    

26 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Good points, which puts clearly in perspective how well it was handled by the Vikings' organization.  The only notable player and/or coach to ever miss time related to a COVID situation was Thielen and Janocko.    

Wasn't the Covid list also the reason Reiff just missed a $1M bonus?