Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

Today is the four year anniversary of the passing of Chris Doleman. The numbers speak for themselves.

• 8× Pro Bowl (1987–1990, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997)
  • 3× First-team All-Pro (1987, 1989, 1992)
  • 2× Second-team All-Pro (1990, 1993)
  • NFL sacks leader (1989)
  • 5th all time in sacks
  • 6th all time in forced fumbles
  • NFL 1990s All-Decade Team
  • Minnesota Vikings Ring of Honor

He will be forever missed and may he rest in peace

VikingsNation.com

• Like 4

Former Georgia quarterback Fran Tarkenton was a perfect 3-0 when starting NFL conference championship games, winning the NFC Championship as the Minnesota Vikings’ starting signal-caller in 1973, 1974, and 1976.

In their history, the Vikings are 0-6 in NFC Championship games when Tarkenton did not play.

GeorgiaBulldogs.com

somehow not taking in to effect the game Joe Kapp played to send them to a Super Bowl, but technically that wasn't a NFC Championship Game, as the NFC and AFC were established the next year.

and then of course there is Tark's poor play in his three Super Bowls.

• Like 1

Cowboys writer Calvin Austin tweeted Thursday night, mere hours after Dan Quinn was hired in Washington, “Former Vikings HC and Cowboys DC Mike Zimmer is interested in the current vacant Cowboys gig a person with knowledge of his thinking said.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/mike-zimmer-might?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Leslie Frazier will be joining Macdonald’s staff as assistant head coach in Seattle. Frazier was 21-32-1 as the head coach of the Vikings from 2010-2013 and most recently worked as the defensive coordinator of the Bills.

Macdonald was a defensive assistant with the Ravens when Frazier spent the 2016 season as their secondary coach and they’re now set to work together again.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-seahawks-to-hire-leslie-frazier-as-assistant-head-coach

On Friday, Stefon Diggs was asked if he’s optimistic about the future in Buffalo and his answer stopped well short of certainty about his place in it.

Diggs: “I feel like I take it day by day. Obviously, there’s a lot of changes going on, a lot of things going on. I can’t really put the carriage before the horse, you know what I’m saying? But I got a great offseason in front of me to put a lot of work in and kind of build around what we got and what we’re doing. I can’t tell you what the future holds, but I’m still being me.”

Diggs was then asked if he’s prepared to move forward with the Bills. He replied that he will be “ready to go no matter which way it goes.”

If there is going to be a change of address, it will likely come early in the offseason. Diggs’ $18.5 million salary becomes fully guaranteed a few days into the new league year in March, so it shouldn’t be too long until Diggs knows just where he’ll be come the start of next season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/stefon-diggs-cant-tell-what-future-holds-ill-be-ready-to-go-no-matter-what

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

On Friday, Stefon Diggs was asked if he’s optimistic about the future in Buffalo and his answer stopped well short of certainty about his place in it.

Diggs: “I feel like I take it day by day. Obviously, there’s a lot of changes going on, a lot of things going on. I can’t really put the carriage before the horse, you know what I’m saying? But I got a great offseason in front of me to put a lot of work in and kind of build around what we got and what we’re doing. I can’t tell you what the future holds, but I’m still being me.”

Diggs was then asked if he’s prepared to move forward with the Bills. He replied that he will be “ready to go no matter which way it goes.”

If there is going to be a change of address, it will likely come early in the offseason. Diggs’ $18.5 million salary becomes fully guaranteed a few days into the new league year in March, so it shouldn’t be too long until Diggs knows just where he’ll be come the start of next season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/stefon-diggs-cant-tell-what-future-holds-ill-be-ready-to-go-no-matter-what

But was he wearing sunglasses when he said this?

• Like 1

Brady Henderson of ESPN: “Former Rams, Vikings and Seahawks QB Sean Mannion is ending his nine-year NFL playing career and has accepted a position on the Packers’ coaching staff, a source tells me. He’ll work with QBs and the passing game.”

https://purpleptsd.com/2024/vikings/top_news/former-vikings-qb-packers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook