Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

My only real criticism is the 2022 draft. 

Which certainly has been well-hashed here by many people.  I still minimize any analysis of him from that because he had literally only been in the building for 90 days before the draft.  He probably barely knew where all the bathrooms were at, let alone grasping all the work that had been done by the previous administration up to when he arrived and putting his input into it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Who was the greater Viking: Randy Moss, or Adrian Peterson?

Moss, because he redefined the position.  AD was just one of the last great workhorse backs.  AD did, however, reach his potential (although he never could catch the ball)...Moss did not (as great as it was).

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Peterson was the greater Viking, as he played in Minnesota longer than Randy. Now, if you're asking who was the greater talent? Moss by a mile.

Edited by Captain Relax

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

straight cash, homie. Moss.

also, at least i can;t ignore Peterson's... parenting strategies..., so that dings him there. as much of an oddball as Moss was, did he really do any harm to anyone else? and he did a LOT to enrich the lives of young children.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

15 years from now we'll be saying JJ was better than Moss and Peterson. 😎

I'm not sure about that, but could be. He certainly puts forth more effort than Moss, and thus has been more productive, but he clearly is a different kind of WR than Moss, so it may be difficult to compare them. Moss was just so unique with his height, speed and strength. Justin Jefferson, to me, is more Jerry Rice-like. Ultimately, they will be in the same stratosphere, so they'll be 1a and 1b, in whichever order.

• Like 2

I think you guys didn't understand the question. It's about who was the greater Viking.  Because he played in purple and gold nearly twice as long as Moss, it has to be Peterson. He had much more production...as a Viking...then Randy.

Randy was an all world talent while in Minnesota, but with work ethic issues. He grew to be a good human.

Peterson's work ethic at football is legendary, and the way he ran with such violent authority, harkened back to another era.  However, how he treated his children, their multiple mothers, and his lack of growth as a human being are dings for me as well.  But based on production on the field as a Viking, it has to be Peterson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

I think you guys didn't understand the question. It's about who was the greater Viking.  Because he played in purple and gold nearly twice as long as Moss, it has to be Peterson. He had much more production...as a Viking...then Randy.

Randy was an all world talent while in Minnesota, but with work ethic issues. He grew to be a good human.

Peterson's work ethic at football is legendary, and the way he ran with such violent authority, harkened back to another era.  However, how he treated his children, their multiple mothers, and his lack of growth as a human being are dings for me as well.  But based on production on the field as a Viking, it has to be Peterson.

Adrian only played 10 more games as a Viking than Randy.

4 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

That can't be right...really??

Yes.  Randy played in 113 games, starting 108.  Adrian played in 123 games, starting 116.  You may think of it as longer because he was suspended for that full year basically in 2014. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

Vikings Legend Scott Studwell will be honored with an esteemed award named for another Vikings icon.

The Minnesota Chapter of the National Football Foundation announced Tuesday that Studwell will be presented with this year's Bud Grant Distinguished Minnesotan Award. He will be honored during this summer's Minnesota Football Honors television broadcast.

Studwell played all 14 seasons of his NFL career for Minnesota, becoming one of five Vikings to appear in more than 200 regular-season games (214). He set team records in tackles in a game (24 against the Lions in 1985), tackles in a season (230 in 1981) and most consecutive seasons as the Vikings leading tackler (six; 1980-85). Studwell earned two Pro Bowl nods during his time in Purple and is the Vikings all-time leading tackler.

He hung up his cleats following the 1990 season, but Studwell didn't walk away from the Vikings organization. He began a career in player development in 1991 and in 1992 was named Minnesota's player personnel coordinator. Studwell's run in the Vikings personnel department continued until his retirement following the 2019 NFL Draft.

vikings.com

Edited by vike daddy