This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not even close. Deebo is far more of a system player than Aiyuk. He's good against zone coverage, has never been particularly adept against man coverage. Elite with the ball in his hands, obviously. 

Aiyuk is a better receiver in a general sense. Better hands. More versatile with where he can line up. More versatile in what coverages he can beat. Etc. 

It wouldn't be a hot take on the 49ers Forum. 

• Like 1

It’s camp, take it with a grain of salt. I’m just saying it’s funny how people were gaslit into thinking this guy was a first round QB let alone a top 15 one. I am still baffled. 

This guy too. This guy was a bad college QB who was protected by a great situation . He’s not surviving two years as a starter. 

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s camp, take it with a grain of salt. I’m just saying it’s funny how people were gaslit into thinking this guy was a first round QB let alone a top 15 one. I am still baffled. 

This guy too. This guy was a bad college QB who was protected by a great situation . He’s not surviving two years as a starter. 

Didn't Jordan Love have a rough rookie training camp? Talk about gaslighting lol

McCarthy is in a pretty good situation. Him throwing interceptions or touchdowns right now isn't indicative of anything when the games matter. 

Edited by SteelKing728

25 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Didn't Jordan Love have a rough rookie training camp? Talk about gaslighting lol

McCarthy is in a pretty good situation. Him throwing interceptions or touchdowns right now isn't indicative of anything when the games matter. 

I said take it with a grain of salt. He’s in a great situation. I still don’t think he has  a high ceiling 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I said take it with a grain of salt. He’s in a great situation. I still don’t think he has  a high ceiling 

I think he has a Kirk Cousins ceiling, which isn't too bad considering he's a top 10 QB!

...granted it took him forever to finally get to that level of play and we moved on from him 😭😭

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Oh yeah, Love and Rodgers were both quite bad as rookies.  They both looked better in year 2, but still had a ways to go before being ready to start. 

That being said, McCarthy was drafted in the top 10 while Rodgers/Love were in the 20's.  I also think MIN is looking for McCarthy to start sooner than GB was looking for Rodgers or Love to start.  There's also a difference between a late RD1 QB sitting behind Favre/Rodgers vs having a top 10 pick sitting behind... Sam Darnold.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It happens every year, every draft. GM's trick themselves into believing in bad quarterback prospects and overdraft them. 

There were three this year that had no business being drafted in round 1: McCarthy, Nix and Michael Panics 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

If the plan was to let McCarthy sit, watch and learn for a couple of years, he's have a shot. You know he's going to be playing by midseason because Darnold sucks. 

They won the National Championship because of the run game and defense. He was NOT that dude in college. He needs to sit and watch for 2 years minimum. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If the plan was to let McCarthy sit, watch and learn for a couple of years, he's have a shot. You know he's going to be playing by midseason because Darnold sucks. 

They won the National Championship because of the run game and defense. He was NOT that dude in college. He needs to sit and watch for 2 years minimum. 

McCarthy, like Love might end up being QB3 to start the season though. Darnold is who he is, unless he has a Geno Smith type ascension (aka from absolute bum to top 20 QB). If he stinks it up, Mullens knows the offense and will just last YOLO ball to finish out the season lol

Winning isn't a QB stat anyways. Never was.

Also I literally lol'd at Michael Panics😂😂

Edited by SteelKing728

In defense of McCarthy, that was a good throw into double coverage.  So good throw into bad read.  Nix on the other hand threw it about 5 yards short, and to the middle of the field to a guy that probably not even open because of the safety over the top.  So bad throw plus bad read.  I was getting mad at Love for short arming some throws to Watson last season, where Watson had to stop.  That Nix throw was not even in the receiver's zip code.  He couldn't have made that catch, or stopped the INT if he wanted to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

McCarthy, like Love might end up being QB3 to start the season though. Darnold is who he is, unless he has a Geno Smith type ascension (aka from absolute bum to top 20 QB). If he stinks it up, Mullens knows the offense and will just last YOLO ball to finish out the season lol

O'Connell seems like a guy who could turn McCarthy into a productive QB.  I think MIN will be happy with the end result if they are patient with McCarthy, and just take their lumps with Darnold in 2024.  Coming out of 2024 with a high pick for 2025 and McCarthy primed to take over QB1 isn't a terrible plan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If it were me, I would start Darnold or Mullens for about 10-12 games to secure a good draft pick, then give McCarthy some starts when the season doesn't really matter anymore, and keep him in unless he is totally floundering.  Use the higher draft position to bolster the defense, and come out swinging in 2025.  I like the Vikings offensive players.  I think the line will be average at worst, they have a very strong top two WRs and TE and Aaron Jones.  Now it is really easy for me to sit here and say that, my job isn't on the line, and I am not risking frustrating a player like Justin Jefferson by more or less wasting a season not trying to seriously compete.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

O'Connell seems like a guy who could turn McCarthy into a productive QB.  I think MIN will be happy with the end result if they are patient with McCarthy, and just take their lumps with Darnold in 2024.  Coming out of 2024 with a high pick for 2025 and McCarthy primed to take over QB1 isn't a terrible plan.

haha, same!

But again, it is a lot easier for us, with no skin in the game, to strategize two and three years down the road.

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

haha, same!

But again, it is a lot easier for us, with no skin in the game, to strategize two and three years down the road.

Yeah, I think the signing of Aaron Jones at RB signals MIN isn't planning on tanking 2024.  I had actually forgotten about that.  Stupid Vikings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think he has a Kirk Cousins ceiling, which isn't too bad considering he's a top 10 QB!

...granted it took him forever to finally get to that level of play and we moved on from him 😭😭

I think that’s very fair. I guess I didn’t explain my point the best way. 

I just been a fan of drafting high upside QBs . I’d rather hit a home run  or strike out miserably and try for the next guy. 

• Like 1