Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he doesn’t have liquid cash gtfo and let some other rich assbag step in and run with the big boys.

Dolan can go be poor (relatively 😭) elsewhere 

Oh I agree. I’m literally still pissed the dolans were awarded the franchise in the first place. I thought there were better candidates to buy them. Still feel there was something fishy going on. 

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

If we’re talking the dolans and just money from the Indians I’d be willing to bet they’re losing money, especially this year. 

But I’ve made my points way too many times. 

this year, its a given. The entire league has said so that they are losing money.

Dolans have been crying about losing money from basically the beginning.

We cant pay Manny/Thome...because lost revenue 

We cant pay CC/Lee...because lost revenue 

We cant pay Clev/Bauer/Lindor...because lost revenue 

Dolans have had this team for 3 championship window

• Late 90's/early '00
  • Late '00
  • Mid/late '10

And they have ruined each window. They never went all in. They spent money on Edwin but they could have made other moves that would have been better or could have made more. If you have this 'investment' that is always costing you money/losing you money, you dont keep it, you sell/move on but the Dolans are not doing that soon. Its rumored but I doubt they do it within the next 5years. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh I agree. I’m literally still pissed the dolans were awarded the franchise in the first place. I thought there were better candidates to buy them. Still feel there was something fishy going on. 

I wish I was old enough to remember that. 

Why do you say that?

Cesar and Berto winning GGs. Berto going back to back with it. Great knowing you have a stud catcher, catching stud pitchers. Easy to have a good pitching staff when you have a GG catcher, SS, and 2B. Just be nice if we had an above avg Center-fielder...

14 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Dolan’s numbers 

bought Indians 300,000,000

indians net wort today 850 million cash investors 400 million

net increase 900 million

https://www.forbes.com/teams/cleveland-indians/?sh=3a8b6f1e6ef3

Cleveland Indians

https%3A%2F%2Fi.forbesimg.com%2Fmedia%2Flists%2Fteams%2Fcleveland-indians_416x416.jpg
TEAM VALUE
$1.15BCalculated April 2020
OWNER(S)
Lawrence Dolan, Paul Dolan
CHAMPIONSHIPS
YEAR PURCHASED
PRICE PAID
$323M
REVENUE
$290M
OPERATING INCOME
$43M
DEBT/VALUE
9%
PLAYER EXPENSES
$136M
GATE RECEIPTS
$66M
WINS-TO-PLAYER COST RATIO
REVENUE PER FAN
$82
METRO AREA POPULATION
2.1M
MEDIA PARTNERS
Tv: SportsTime Ohio; Radio: WTAM 1100 AM, WMMS 100.7 FM

I was reading something that they say the Dolan’s are waiting for the lease to be up, so they can resign it. Once they do that, it was increase the value of the team. Making it ripe to be sold. I believe the lease expires in ‘22 or ‘23

make sense but what makes more sense. If you are planning to sell the team in that time span. Resign Lindor. You look up a field and a super star for a new owner. That at least gives the new ownership an amazing player to market around. 

If you are only going to own the team for a few more years. Sign Lindor and let the new ownership worry about his contract.

I feel like once Lindor gets that extension, he will play like his old self. Feel like he is worrying about that contract and where he will end up 

Just now, buno67 said:

I was reading something that they say the Dolan’s are waiting for the lease to be up, so they can resign it. Once they do that, it was increase the value of the team. Making it ripe to be sold. I believe the lease expires in ‘22 or ‘23

make sense but what makes more sense. If you are planning to sell the team in that time span. Resign Lindor. You look up a field and a super star for a new owner. That at least gives the new ownership an amazing player to market around. 

If you are only going to own the team for a few more years. Sign Lindor and let the new ownership worry about his contract.

I feel like once Lindor gets that extension, he will play like his old self. Feel like he is worrying about that contract and where he will end up 

Yes and No.

From a dollars/cents POV, they'll squeeze every dime that they can out of this, just like Loria did with the Marlins. They're essentially following his blueprint.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.forbes.com/teams/cleveland-indians/?sh=3a8b6f1e6ef3

Cleveland Indians

https%3A%2F%2Fi.forbesimg.com%2Fmedia%2Flists%2Fteams%2Fcleveland-indians_416x416.jpg
TEAM VALUE
$1.15BCalculated April 2020
OWNER(S)
Lawrence Dolan, Paul Dolan
CHAMPIONSHIPS
YEAR PURCHASED
PRICE PAID
$323M
REVENUE
$290M
OPERATING INCOME
$43M