Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

9 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

Maybe I am missing something but why was it a bad decision for Tito to go with his closer, one of the best in baseball, in a save situation?

In this case it was not necessarily going with but staying with Hand, who has not exactly been one of the better recently.

Should have said it that way.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Naquin and Lindor made a phenomenal play in the 9th inning to save our behinds.

That was a REAL impressive relay play.

Keep in mind that Naq has played right field most of the year. Not as easy as you think to flip flop from from right to left field, ball spins differently, etc...... I think the key to the play was Naq barehanded the ball off the wall and threw a 90 mph seed to Frankie, who was in perfect position to fire another 91 mph seed to Plawecki to greet the Twins runner as DOA. Great play by two professionals.

I chuckle at Rocco Baldelli's challenge to the play - saying that we denied his runner a sliding lane to the plate. Busting out my best Hue impression "Check the tape" (D'oh!) Plawecki is clearly on the infield side of home plate as he is receiving the ball from Lindor. Then, and only then does he lunge for the runner. He leads with the ball firmly held by two hands, and nails the runner at least 3 feet from the plate.

So Rocco, what was Plawecki supposed to do - give an ole swipe tag so he doesn't break a nail? GTFOOH - this is big boy ball. There was no violent collision. Your 3B coach effed up by sending him.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

That was a REAL impressive relay play.

Keep in mind that Naq has played right field most of the year. Not as easy as you think to flip flop from from right to left field, ball spins differently, etc...... I think the key to the play was Naq barehanded the ball off the wall and threw a 90 mph seed to Frankie, who was in perfect position to fire another 91 mph seed to Plawecki to greet the Twins runner as DOA. Great play by two professionals.

I chuckle at Rocco Baldelli's challenge to the play - saying that we denied his runner a sliding lane to the plate. Busting out my best Hue impression "Check the tape" (D'oh!) Plawecki is clearly on the infield side of home plate as he is receiving the ball from Lindor. Then, and only then does he lunge for the runner. He leads with the ball firmly held by two hands, and nails the runner at least 3 feet from the plate.

So Rocco, what was Plawecki supposed to do - give an ole swipe tag so he doesn't break a nail? GTFOOH - this is big boy ball. There was no violent collision. Your 3B coach effed up by sending him.

Can’t blame him tho. You never know what the review person will think and it possibly wins the game for them. It’s a solid gamble 

No - it's undoing will be Brad "Blown Save" Hand - who brings a gas can to a fire.

Cody Allen v2.0

HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH, TITO???? AT WHAT POINT DO YOU FINALLY REALIZE THIS GUY IS COSTING YOU THE PLAYOFFS?????????

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

No - it's undoing will be Brad "Blown Save" Hand - who brings a gas can to a fire.

Cody Allen v2.0

HAVE YOU SEEN ENOUGH, TITO???? AT WHAT POINT DO YOU FINALLY REALIZE THIS GUY IS COSTING YOU THE PLAYOFFS?????????

Hand needs extended rest and Francola just keeps burning him out more.

8 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Cody Allen v2.0

That very easily could have been caught.

solid hit for sure...but Naq should have played it off the wall, and had runners at 2nd and 3rd

• Like 2