Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

or that he was just worn down. Dude was driven hard the past 5 years or so. Maybe being out the entire season, helps him bounce back

But we already put an $18mm bet on him for this year and lost.

I would not double down with another $20mm.

We could get a real good player or two with that kind of money rather than betting on the come for a comeback.

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

his first full year as a starter he was a 3.0 WAR player and had a slash of .239/.321/.452

He was one of the best defensive catchers in the league. He played like a top10 catch in all of MLB. With how good defensively he is, he doesnt need to be a monster with the bat

But that was my question lol With Kip + Puig likely gone who do they go after to strengthen the lineup past the 1-4 hitters. Not defensively 

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

But that was my question lol With Kip + Puig likely gone who do they go after to strengthen the lineup past the 1-4 hitters. Not defensively 

While I applaud our FO and developmental staff on the kind of pitchers they pick and how they groom them, I do not think they would know a good offensive player if they saw one.

They seem to prefer great defense to good bats.

17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You could question other hitters and players to go with Lindor and them but Perez isn’t one of them. He isn’t the worst hitter for a catcher. Dude just cranked out 24HRs and 60+ RBIs. RBIs be better if he had more guys on base for him. You add in the amount of runs he save by nailing base stealers and whatever. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bruceb said:

While I applaud our FO and developmental staff on the kind of pitchers they pick and how they groom them, I do not think they would know a good offensive player if they saw one.

They seem to prefer great defense to good bats.

Giovanni Urshela on line 2, please.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I would love to have Mickey back but I doubt he takes anything less than a pitching coach job and I doubt we fire Carl. 

Yeah, with what Carl was able to get out of Plutko, Plesac and Civale this year there is no way he is going anywhere. He has been brilliant

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 11:55 AM, bruceb said:

And created gaping holes in the batting order and LF.

Nice job, FO and Dolan!

I say more on Dolan than the FO. They prolly suggest potential contracts to the Dolans and see if they get the ok to spend more. Just like a few years ago they got the OK to take on Miller's contract and buy out  Bruce and etc. Indians have had the assets to makes some nice trades just never had the owner to take on those contracts of those players. I doubt the FO wanted to have that outfield starting the season last years. just had to work with what is given.

When it comes to money, its always on the Dolans. 

• 2 weeks later...