Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

I was looking for this thread the other day.

Standard scoring Dynasty League. I have the 6th pick. Expecting Barkley/Freeman/Penny/Guice and probably DJ Moore to be gone by my pick.

Rank these 3 RB's

Sony Michel
Kerryon Johnson
Ronald Jones

Honestly I'm kind of leaning Kerryon right now. With Sony's injury and being a New England RB. I haven't been hearing much from Jones except that his blocking is pretty bad. 

8 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Standard scoring Dynasty League. I have the 6th pick. Expecting Barkley/Freeman/Penny/Guice and probably DJ Moore to be gone by my pick.

Rank these 3 RB's

Sony Michel
Kerryon Johnson
Ronald Jones

Honestly I'm kind of leaning Kerryon right now. With Sony's injury and being a New England RB. I haven't been hearing much from Jones except that his blocking is pretty bad. 

Michel/Johnson/Jones

if it was redraft It would be Johnson/Michel/Jones

New guy here, hoping to get some input.

10 team, 0.5 PPR with keepers.

Players being kept are Davonta Freeman, Zeke Elliott, Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, Leo Fournette, Todd Gurley, AB, OBJ, Le'veon Bell and Michael Thomas.

Dalvin is my keeper; I have the #2 and #4, #17 and #19 pick in the draft due to 2017 trades. 

I'm thinking about hammering RB with the 4 picks. Maybe RB / WR / RB / RB . But what do you guys think? Should I aim to do 2 RB and 2 WR with those first 4?

I'd also be looking to snag Latavius Murray in the later rounds as insurance for Dalvin.

1 hour ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Rank these 3 RB's

Sony Michel
Kerryon Johnson
Ronald Jones

I think I'd go Michel / Johnson / Jones

Michel has a chance to get hot but I'm afraid that he will disappear like Gilislee did

Kerryon is getting overhyped and is like 4th on the depth chart. I just don't see the touches yet.

Ronald Jones is stuck behind Barber and by all accounts hasn't done much to supplant him. 

7 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

New guy here, hoping to get some input.

10 team, 0.5 PPR with keepers.

Players being kept are Davonta Freeman, Zeke Elliott, Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, Leo Fournette, Todd Gurley, AB, OBJ, Le'veon Bell and Michael Thomas.

Dalvin is my keeper; I have the #2 and #4, #17 and #19 pick in the draft due to 2017 trades. 

I'm thinking about hammering RB with the 4 picks. Maybe RB / WR / RB / RB . But what do you guys think? Should I aim to do 2 RB and 2 WR with those first 4?

I'd also be looking to snag Latavius Murray in the later rounds as insurance for Dalvin.

Surprised D Johnson isn't being kept in PPR. Hes number 1 off the board.

You can pair him with Kamara or Barkley.

Always tier based drafting. Don't go in thinking I'm raking this position or that position.

5 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Surprised D Johnson isn't being kept in PPR. Hes number 1 off the board.

You can pair him with Kamara or Barkley.

Always tier based drafting. Don't go in thinking I'm raking this position or that position.

Yeah, they kept Zeke over DJ *Kanye shrug*

So, I'm guessing DJ will be gone with #1 which would leave:

Saquon, Kamara, Hopkins, Julio, Hunt

Since we're moving to 2 Keepers for 2019, I'm leaning Saquon and then probably DHop.

8 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah, they kept Zeke over DJ *Kanye shrug*

So, I'm guessing DJ will be gone with #1 which would leave:

Saquon, Kamara, Hopkins, Julio, Hunt

Since we're moving to 2 Keepers for 2019, I'm leaning Saquon and then probably DHop.

Oh then Barkley for sure esp if there isn't a penalty. Only other I could see is Hunt. That offense is going to put up points, but Andy Reid is gonna Andy Reid.

the FFBallers are great if you want rankings or whatever.

6 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Oh then Barkley for sure esp if there isn't a penalty. Only other I could see is Hunt. That offense is going to put up points, but Andy Reid is gonna Andy Reid.

the FFBallers are great if you want rankings or whatever.

Good look! Appreciate it.

Anyone else bullish on McKinnon? He's being mocked way too early I think.

12 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Michel/Johnson/Jones

if it was redraft It would be Johnson/Michel/Jones

I'd echo this.  If you absolutely need the guy you draft to have notable impact this year, I might switch up Michel and Johnson, but while Burkhead is pretty safe to view as the RB1 in New England, they run the ball enough that both he and Dion Lewis were able to finish as Top 20 RB's last season and if Burkhead misses any time for injury this season, the Pats do have an out in his contract after this year, so that means Michel's role could stand to increase then.

With regard to Johnson, I pay attention when teams trade up to get a guy (specifically a RB) - it means that guy was on a shortlist of prospects that fit a specific type they wanted or even that they specifically wanted him - because it means that they have a role very much in mind for him to factor into immediately.  Ameer Abdullah's contract is up after this season (and I still think there's a decent chance they try to flip him for a conditional pick before the season starts) and Theo Riddick's also only got one more year after this one and he'll be 29 when it runs up, so Kerryon's definitely got a role increase coming his way.

19 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Good look! Appreciate it.

Anyone else bullish on McKinnon? He's being mocked way too early I think.

I think I've seen him go as RB 12-15, which is about right. Provided he's healthy (he's out until week 1 right now) he should be a very strong rb2 with a relatively safe floor given the work he'll do in the pass game

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think I've seen him go as RB 12-15, which is about right. Provided he's healthy (he's out until week 1 right now) he should be a very strong rb2 with a relatively safe floor given the work he'll do in the pass game

That's fair. I just have a hard time putting him over McCaffrey, Howard and McCoy.

16 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

That's fair. I just have a hard time putting him over McCaffrey, Howard and McCoy.

In a ppr league, I'd take him over Howard without too much of a thought. Don't think I'd take him over Shady, but I could understand it if you have serious concerns about Buffalo (the offensive line, the quarterback situation, etc). The thing with McCaffrey is that while he should match McKinnon out of the backfield, is he going to get the carries that McKinnon is going to get?  I mean, McKinnon is going to get 50% of the carries or so out of the 49er backfield. Are the Panthers going to utilize McCaffrey in such a way. At this point, I don't know the Panthers well enough to say yes or no to that. 

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

In a ppr league, I'd take him over Howard without too much of a thought. Don't think I'd take him over Shady, but I could understand it if you have serious concerns about Buffalo (the offensive line, the quarterback situation, etc). The thing with McCaffrey is that while he should match McKinnon out of the backfield, is he going to get the carries that McKinnon is going to get?  I mean, McKinnon is going to get 50% of the carries or so out of the 49er backfield. Are the Panthers going to utilize McCaffrey in such a way. At this point, I don't know the Panthers well enough to say yes or no to that. 

Go with ability. McCaffrey is the better player...I’m not even sure that McKinnon is an average NFL RB. The cream rises to the top

Would you rather have Melvin Gordon for a 6th (can only be kept this year) or McKinnon in the 17th (can be kept there for two years)? 

Gordon is a guy who could legitimately get you RB #1 numbers. He has been an RB2 in 24 of his 29 games. That is an amazing number. McKinnon is already hurt and we know he has been a below average RB when he gets a large amount of carries and touches. He had a few nice games last year but was rather inconsistent. Also concerned that he will struggle like we saw in Minnesota. I think he can give RB2 numbers in about 30-40% of his games but I think he ends up more as an RB3 over the year. 

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Go with ability. McCaffrey is the better player...I’m not even sure that McKinnon is an average NFL RB. The cream rises to the top

Sure, but opportunity / situation / etc, that all matters too. I'm assuming that McCaffrey is RB1 in Carolina and will get most of the carries plus add out of the backfield, but I haven't dug into that to know for sure. If that is the plan for him this year, then I'd definitely take McCaffrey first as well.. Like you, I think that actually running the football, McKinnon is pretty subpar. But his situation is fantastic. 

Archived