Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

22 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

2QB league with 4 keepers I'm trying to decide on.  We pay a round higher than where the player was drafted, with waiver pickups costing are lowest available pick.  

The players I've narrowed it down to are:

Cooper (3rd or 4th to keep)

Hilton (3rd or 4th to keep)

Ware (16th)

Prosise (16th)

Dalton (5th)

There's also guys like Lockett (10th), Dion Lewis (16th) and Malcolm Mitchell (16th) but I'm pretty meh on all of them.

Both Cooper and Hilton were 5th rounders so that's why they're listed as "3rd or 4th" because I would have to choose which round I'd want to pay for them.  Advice here would be appreciated, but I'm thinking Cooper for a 4th and Hilton for a 3rd.

Would really appreciate some input on this one

10 team league

3 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Would really appreciate some input on this one

# of teams would help to gauge value. A 3rd rounder in a 10 team league would mean the WR would want to be better than  one in a 14 team league. Hilton and Cooper are good ones. Ware is worth it for a 16, even if Hunt gets a decent amt of work its worth a shot. Dalton for a 5th seems like bad value but in a 2QB league it probably isnt. Dont have alot of experience there tbh

11 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Need some help here.

Who would you draft out of:

a) Martavis Bryant

b) Terrell Pryor Sr.

c) Kelvin Benjamin 

Also:

a) Mike Thomas

b) Dez Bryant

c) Amari Cooper

d) Jay Ajayi

Is this based on value and which rounds you expect them to go in or is it just based on production alone?

The first group I would take Bryant bc he provides the best value and I think he has a good year.  The current price tag for Pryor is too steep for me. 

The 2nd group I would take Thomas all day.  All of those guys are being drafted around the same area and Thomas could finish the year as a top 3 WR.

Furthermore, I am a big proponent of picking RBs early and often, but my options at #11 are going to be Jordan Howard, DeMarco Murray, & Jay Ajayi, none of which I have any trust in.

Here is a quote that I believe is very true:

The bust rate for the top 12 RBs (picked in round 1-early round 3) is 40-50% every year. Picking a RB in the top 2-3 rounds is like going skydiving and knowing half of the parachutes aren't going to work. You're jumping out of the plane based on pure hope that you don't plummet in to the earth. Even last year, the year that was better for RBs than WRs you still had 5 guys bust out of the top 12 (41%). AP (1st round), Gurley (1st round), Miller (1st round), Doug Martin (2nd round), Lacy (2nd round). 

I think all three of the guys mentioned above, more so Howard and Ajayi are going to fall into this trap, which really sucks because that sees me irrationally hoping that Gillisee falls to the end of the 3rd / Mixon takes over the backfield and I draft him in Round 3/4

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

# of teams would help to gauge value. A 3rd rounder in a 10 team league would mean the WR would want to be better than  one in a 14 team league. Hilton and Cooper are good ones. Ware is worth it for a 16, even if Hunt gets a decent amt of work its worth a shot. Dalton for a 5th seems like bad value but in a 2QB league it probably isnt. Dont have alot of experience there tbh

10 teams.

5th round for Dalton is basically keeping him at value.  Meaning I'm apt to pass on keeping him and then still have a pretty good chance of drafting him anyway (he'll definitely be a target at the position for me).

I'm all but dead set on keeping Ware, Hilton, and Cooper. It's the last spot I'm struggling with, but I'm leaning Prosise cause for a 15th the value is decent.

2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Am I crazy for wanting to take Terrelle Pryor #14 (2.2) in a twelve team, .5 PPR ?

I really don't like anyone with my first two picks (#11 and #14), but love Pryor

Is this a keeper league? I think Pryor is a big reach there if no one is kept and definitely think better players are there

Archived