Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

19 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Thoughts on Michael Crabtree WR ... if anyone saw the game?

I'm considering trading him.

I think he's largely a flex player for most of the season. I don't think that its that hard to stream that kind of value if you need to during bye weeks if you're smart with your waiver wire pick ups

5 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Is Sony Michel a good one to stash and have excitement for?

Is Aaron Jones a good daily FLEX starting week 3?

I basically view those guys as one in the same - good to stash, but they are rosterable, not immediately startable to me. 

17 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Shouldn’t Jones be the main back in GB once he’s back? And a threat in passing game as well?

That's no guarantee, so I'm waiting for at least a week to see how that shakes out. They could also "ease" him back in for the first week even if he is the starter moving forward. Hard to say. Marginal rb2/rb3 types with questionable positions I don't trust immediately coming off a suspension / injury. The good news is that if McCarthy is short sighted, he's probably going to see 2 subpar games from Williams (I don't expect much from him against the Vikings) and think a switch is necessary, even though in fairness, Williams had bad matchups and Kizer as the quarterback for a bit of week 1. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's no guarantee, so I'm waiting for at least a week to see how that shakes out. They could also "ease" him back in for the first week even if he is the starter moving forward. Hard to say. Marginal rb2/rb3 types with questionable positions I don't trust immediately coming off a suspension / injury. The good news is that if McCarthy is short sighted, he's probably going to see 2 subpar games from Williams (I don't expect much from him against the Vikings) and think a switch is necessary, even though in fairness, Williams had bad matchups and Kizer as the quarterback for a bit of week 1. 

Williams is very good in pass defense and would probably be the more durable short yardage option, so he’ll keep a role. I don’t anticipate seeing Jones bring a full-time back. But there is zero question he’s their most talented back, and if he’s healthy, knows the offense, and has ball security...I’d be shocked if he did get 75% of the non-short yardage/passing downs when he returns. His floor is low, but he’s flying under the radar as a RB1 upside type of RB.

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Williams is very good in pass defense and would probably be the more durable short yardage option, so he’ll keep a role. I don’t anticipate seeing Jones bring a full-time back. But there is zero question he’s their most talented back, and if he’s healthy, knows the offense, and has ball security...I’d be shocked if he did get 75% of the non-short yardage/passing downs when he returns. His floor is low, but he’s flying under the radar as a RB1 upside type of RB.

For sure. I'm targeting him this week  of the FA pile, as he should definitely be rostered. But I'm not starting him right out of the gate in week 3. 

Should i do mark Ingram for Chris hogan in a .5 PPR?

Current : Hunt, CMC, Fitzgerald, Hilton, agholor,

bench : mark Ingram (flex starting week 5)

New : Hunt, CMC, Fitzgerald, Hilton, Hogan

I lost week 1 and can’t really afford to drop another game and wait for Ingram. Would you buy Hogan low as your flex? Or keep agholor till mark ingram comes back? other bench players : James White Marvin jones 

3 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I lost week 1 and can’t really afford to drop another game and wait for Ingram. Would you buy Hogan low as your flex? Or keep agholor till mark ingram comes back? other bench players : James White Marvin jones 

I’d keep Ingram. He’s going to be great in four weeks. I’m not convinced Hogan is better than Marvin Jones...and he’ll get worse once Edelman returns. 

30 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

No. I'd keep Ingram. 

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d keep Ingram. He’s going to be great in four weeks. I’m not convinced Hogan is better than Marvin Jones...and he’ll get worse once Edelman returns. 

I don't think Hogan gets worse when Edelman returns.  I think he returns to being Chris Hogan because he'll be back in his regular role.  That said, he's still a guy who has never (except maybe once?) played a full season without missing games for injury and is in an offense that would prefer - given their druthers - to run the ball and control the game via short-passes.  Basically, I look at him as Marvin Jones with higher risk of injury and a better QB.  But I was also big on Jones as a regression candidate this year.

But I completely agree with holding onto Ingram.  Fantasy football isn't the NFL, you can go 0-2 and still make the playoffs pretty easily in fantasy.  It's the people that panic after a week 1 loss that are the ones that usually end up in that spiral that causes them to miss the playoffs.

Again, this is one of the reasons unless I'm getting tremendous (like mid/late 2nd or better) value on Gronk, that I don't prioritize drafting a TE.  Most TE's are TD-or-bust guys in terms of putting up an average fantasy line with a higher average (depending on format) of 3.5 points, most TE's simply don't get the routes that lead to those high-yardage outings that make up for not getting a score.  I've gone weeks where I opted to drop my TE because I needed the extra roster spot and I knew that I had a far greater likelihood of getting 5+ point (in standard, 8+ in 1/2 pt PPR) performance out of virtually every other position on my roster - and I had guys on my bench I wasn't willing to drop over a single week's need of a TE and their 3.5 point average.

Archived