Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

57 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

should I just save my number 1 waiver spot and see who doesn't get picked up after waivers clear between M Williams, Callaway, Goodwin , Ridley, Boyd

Depends on what your team looks like. If your picking up any of those WRs to be the 4th or 5th WR on your team, I’d probably just save it. 

17 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Which 2 do I start out of Antonio Callaway, Marquis Goodwin, or Taylor Gabriel. 0.5 PPR.

That's rough if you have to start two of them. I'd probably go with Callaway and Goodwin, though I wouldn't expect much out of the latter and Callaway is nothing more than a lottery ticket. 

Just now, Forge said:

That's rough if you have to start two of them. I'd probably go with Callaway and Goodwin, though I wouldn't expect much out of the latter and Callaway is nothing more than a lottery ticket. 

Other options off the bench are Sony Michel and Jack Doyle.

Too FA receivers are Tywan Taylor, Willie Snead, Albert Wilson, and Martavis Bryant.

I gambled on Callaway last week, and it was smart, as he got like 11 targets and he had a 70 yard TD EASILY, wiped out from Taylor being his QB. And Baker targeted him quite a bit too. My worry is he can get me 20 points or 3 points, and it’s usually smart to avoid a Brown.

3 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Other options off the bench are Sony Michel and Jack Doyle.

Too FA receivers are Tywan Taylor, Willie Snead, Albert Wilson, and Martavis Bryant.

I gambled on Callaway last week, and it was smart, as he got like 11 targets and he had a 70 yard TD EASILY, wiped out from Taylor being his QB. And Baker targeted him quite a bit too. My worry is he can get me 20 points or 3 points, and it’s usually smart to avoid a Brown.

Yeah, that's pretty brutal. Doyle isn't playable right now. Michel maybe; he's getting the touches though I will admit that I've been less than impressed with what he's actually done with them. It seems like he's still banged up or something. Plus, it's new england, so those touches can go away in an instant. 

None of those receivers are probably worth getting rid of the upside on Goodwin, but the fact that Beathard is his quarterback now significantly damages any hopes of real production. You're essentially praying that CJ somehow manages to hit him deep on a pass. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, that's pretty brutal. Doyle isn't playable right now. Michel maybe; he's getting the touches though I will admit that I've been less than impressed with what he's actually done with them. It seems like he's still banged up or something. Plus, it's new england, so those touches can go away in an instant. 

None of those receivers are probably worth getting rid of the upside on Goodwin, but the fact that Beathard is his quarterback now significantly damages any hopes of real production. You're essentially praying that CJ somehow manages to hit him deep on a pass. 

I think Callaway is actually a lock for me. I really like Mayfield and Callaway is a 1st round talent. I’ll roll the dice.

I love Michel. Actually took him early, but that was more for the 2nd half of the season once I see his role, which I think will be significant.

It’s really between Goodwin and Gabriel. Goodwin playing with Beathard is not satisfactory and Gabriel gets a ton of targets. What about Albert Wilson? Seems like he’s becoming more of a daily part of that offense.

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ok so Rex Burkhead just got put on IR. Maybe Sony is a better choice than Goodwin this week?

45 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Ok so Rex Burkhead just got put on IR. Maybe Sony is a better choice than Goodwin this week?

I'd probably take my chances on Michel at the current point in time over Goodwin. Don't love it, but I really have no faith in that 49er offense right now with CJ Beathard at quarterback. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd probably take my chances on Michel at the current point in time over Goodwin. Don't love it, but I really have no faith in that 49er offense right now with CJ Beathard at quarterback. 

Yeah I’m starting Callaway and Michel in my FLEX spots. Goodwin is too risky with the QB play and I’m not even sure I’ll keep Gabriel.

Archived