Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I'd take Julio ahead of OBJ regardless.  But does sound like OBJ could miss weeks 1 and 2, so that should ice that decision between the two for you.

As to Shady... depends on how you read you league.  PPR, I'd generally want to the elite receiver, but you are committing yourself to a stretch of 3 picks later on where you're going to need to go RB-RB at some point in them.  So read the board and see what you think.  It's more about what you expect the board to be like when it comes back around to you and how the options available there will compare to Julio or Shady.

These are the best remaining players after keepers: (took this off a site real quick)

1. Le'Veon Bell RB-PIT 
  2. Antonio Brown WR-PIT 
  3. Odell Beckham Jr. WR-NYG 
  4. Julio Jones WR-ATL 
  5. LeSean McCoy RB-BUF 
  6. A.J. Green WR-CIN 
  7. Mike Evans WR-TB 
  8. DeMarco Murray RB-TEN
  9. Dez Bryant WR-DAL 
  10. Amari Cooper WR-OAK 
  11. Rob Gronkowski TE-NE 
  12. Demaryius Thomas WR-DEN 
  13. DeAndre Hopkins WR-HOU 
  14. Brandin Cooks WR-NE 
  15. Leonard Fournette RB-JAC 
  16. Isaiah Crowell RB-CLE 
  17. Ezekiel Elliott RB-DAL 
  18. Keenan Allen WR-LAC 
  19. Lamar Miller RB-HOU 
  20. Travis Kelce TE-KC 
  21. Alshon Jeffery WR-PHI 
  22. Aaron Rodgers QB-GB 
  23. Golden Tate WR-DET 
  24. Allen Robinson WR-JAC 
  25. Christian McCaffrey RB-CAR 
  26. Larry Fitzgerald WR-ARI 
  27. Michael Crabtree WR-OAK 
  28. Davante Adams WR-GB 
  29. Ty Montgomery RB-GB 
  30. Marshawn Lynch RB-OAK 
  31. Dalvin Cook RB-MIN 
  32. Carlos Hyde RB-SF 
  33. Jarvis Landry WR-MIA 
  34. Greg Olsen TE-CAR 
  35. Joe Mixon RB-CIN 
  36. Jordan Reed TE-WAS 
  37. Danny Woodhead RB-BAL 
  38. Julian Edelman WR-NE 
  39. Mark Ingram RB-NO 
  40. Sammy Watkins WR-LAR 
  41. Bilal Powell RB-NYJ 
  42. Emmanuel Sanders WR-DEN 

So the people around my range are Mixon, Woodhead, Edleman, Watkins

With that in mind grabbing Julio would make the most sense since then I'd be able to have a core of DJ/Woodhead/Julio/Pryor which is probably better than DJ/McCoy/Pryor/Edleman. What do you guys think?

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

Doing the auction draft tonight for the league where I made the calculated risk of releasing Julio as a more expensive keeper to hold onto Michael Thomas at a $1 value.  And, honestly, based on the keepers that dropped to the pool, I'm sitting pretty.

Also released:

WR: Mike Evans, Jordy, Davante Adams, Brandin Cooks, Baldwin, Amari Cooper, Demaryius

RB: Zeke, Freeman, Shady, Murray, Ajayi, Gurley, Miller

Two teams didn't keep anyone.  And, at least according to my tiers, there were some really questionable keepers (even at the low prices): Thielen, Wentz (kept by the same guy who is keeping Luck at a high cost), Derek Carr (it's standard QB scoring, .5pt PPR in a 14-team league; Carr's my 17th-ranked QB), Blount (and I don't think it's at a low cost...), Dak (it's likely for $1 so I get it, but still).

Thoughts on strategy.  I'm figuring to just go hard after studs at my other WR and RB spots (I'll stream my FLEX if necessary), hoping to get both, satisfied if I get one and with value backup plan targets to cover my butt in the case I miss out at one of those positions (WR: Crabtree, Diggs, Fitz, Tyreek; RB: Montgomery, Powell, Cook - though rookie RB's usually get overpaid for, Woodhead,  Crowell).

Unless I get a chance to steal good value on a heavily red-zone targeted TE, I'm content to sit tight and take a target-vulture like Ertz or Clay (because seriously, who else is Taylor going to throw in the vague vicinity of in Buffalo?).

Straight up MURDERED this draft!

Went in hard and aggressive and I still have room to improve (since the guy with Dak as his cheap keeper still went out and paid good money for Rodgers and Brees and has laughable depth-if-even-starters at RB, while I've got 4-5 viable starting RB's).

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: David Johnson (keeper - $10)

RB: Zeke Elliott (I made hard, fast incremental raises and got him at just over half of ESPN's adjusted AAV even with them factoring in the suspension)

WR: Michael Thomas (keeper - $2)

WR: Golden Tate

TE: Coby Fleener (last pick - $1... I'll figure to stream TE's or see if I can get value kicked back to me on a trade)

FLEX: Isaiah Crowell

DEF: Carolina

K: Chris Boswell (I wouldn't have drafted a kicker at all, but it forced me to and wouldn't let me use the extra money on another skill position player to later decide who to drop for a kicker)

BN: Larry Fitzgerald, Martavis Bryant, Paul Perkins, Jeremy Hill

Mind you, this is a 14-team 0.5 pt PPR league.  It's going to take a massive injury hit for this team to not be a playoff team.

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Straight up MURDERED this draft!

Went in hard and aggressive and I still have room to improve (since the guy with Dak as his cheap keeper still went out and paid good money for Rodgers and Brees and has laughable depth-if-even-starters at RB, while I've got 4-5 viable starting RB's).

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: David Johnson (keeper - $10)

RB: Zeke Elliott (I made hard, fast incremental raises and got him at just over half of ESPN's adjusted AAV even with them factoring in the suspension)

WR: Michael Thomas (keeper - $2)

WR: Golden Tate

TE: Coby Fleener (last pick - $1... I'll figure to stream TE's or see if I can get value kicked back to me on a trade)

FLEX: Isaiah Crowell

DEF: Carolina

K: Chris Boswell (I wouldn't have drafted a kicker at all, but it forced me to and wouldn't let me use the extra money on another skill position player to later decide who to drop for a kicker)

BN: Larry Fitzgerald, Martavis Bryant, Paul Perkins, Jeremy Hill

Mind you, this is a 14-team 0.5 pt PPR league.  It's going to take a massive injury hit for this team to not be a playoff team.

I think you did great for a 14 team league. Tate is a very solid ppr guy. If you can survive the suspension of Zeke you'll go far. 

Got our auction league draft tonight, 10 teams and $200 budget. Any tips?

I plan on nominating  high cost guys i don't want to come close to spending on so it helps me get my guys

Trying to get 2-3 1st rounders at a cost of 45-52 each but then it gets really hairy there because i might miss on all of them if guys get carried away. Hoping the first couple guys people are afraid to spend

51 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He still had 14 TDs last year and Gil still had 9. Assume Williams gets ALL of Gil's TDs then Mccoy will still be fine

Is there much of an injury worry with McCoy? I'm looking close to the range of taking him and that is scaring me a bit, but the WRs in that range have the same questions with Julio, Green, and now Odell.

14 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

In any other league I would have done that in a second, but with the salary cap I can't afford those guys with Luck. My back up would have to be Jared Goff/DeShone Kizer. Luck will likely go undrafted (as dumb as that sounds) because he is such a cap hit and the cloudiness of the injury.

Then I'd just opt for Rivers and maybe Kizer.

19 hours ago, The LBC said:

Doing the auction draft tonight for the league where I made the calculated risk of releasing Julio as a more expensive keeper to hold onto Michael Thomas at a $1 value.  And, honestly, based on the keepers that dropped to the pool, I'm sitting pretty.

Also released:

WR: Mike Evans, Jordy, Davante Adams, Brandin Cooks, Baldwin, Amari Cooper, Demaryius

RB: Zeke, Freeman, Shady, Murray, Ajayi, Gurley, Miller

Two teams didn't keep anyone.  And, at least according to my tiers, there were some really questionable keepers (even at the low prices): Thielen, Wentz (kept by the same guy who is keeping Luck at a high cost), Derek Carr (it's standard QB scoring, .5pt PPR in a 14-team league; Carr's my 17th-ranked QB), Blount (and I don't think it's at a low cost...), Dak (it's likely for $1 so I get it, but still).

Thoughts on strategy.  I'm figuring to just go hard after studs at my other WR and RB spots (I'll stream my FLEX if necessary), hoping to get both, satisfied if I get one and with value backup plan targets to cover my butt in the case I miss out at one of those positions (WR: Crabtree, Diggs, Fitz, Tyreek; RB: Montgomery, Powell, Cook - though rookie RB's usually get overpaid for, Woodhead,  Crowell).

Unless I get a chance to steal good value on a heavily red-zone targeted TE, I'm content to sit tight and take a target-vulture like Ertz or Clay (because seriously, who else is Taylor going to throw in the vague vicinity of in Buffalo?).

Sorry, I didn't see this in time.  How did it go?

Archived