Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

I did not end up doing the Ajayi for Ty Montgomery and Derek Carr trade...But I do have a trade that I would like your opinion on...

Derrick Henry for Jacquizz Rodgers straight up. (I'd be getting Quizz)

The trade wouldn't take place until after Week 1. My RB group is thin after Ajayi and McCaffrey so it gives me a starter for at least 4 weeks and possibly a starter for the entire season...I'm not convinced Martin ever gets his role back. 

Thanks in advance, Keyser. I am really just stuck on who to run for my flex spot, standard ESPN league. My gut says Thielen or Stewart, I think both could score a TD in either of their respective games.

Adam Thielen vs NO

Keenan Allen vs DEN

Jamison Crowder vs PHI

Jonathan Stewart vs SF

Hi, 

A month ago you gave me some advice for the draft. I'm from the Netherlands and this was my first fantasy football draft. Unfortunate I had a 16 round draft so in the later rounds I had no idea. 12 PPR league and I had the second pick. These were my picks:

1: Le'Veon Bell

2: Ezekiel Elliot (23 overall seems like a steal to me, even tho he might get suspended but I also read that he could be playing the whole season)

3: Demaryius Thomas

4: Joe Mixon 

5: Tyreek Hill

6: Jimmy Graham

7: Mike Gillislee

8: Eric Decker

9: Tyler Eifert

10: Marcus Mariota

11: LeGarrette Blount

12: Adam Vinatieri ( auto pick computer because I was not paying attention)

13: Patriots defense

14: D'onta Foreman

15: Nelson Agholor

16: Marlon Mack

I think I have picked Mixon,Hill and Gillislee to early. Elliot, Decker and Eifert seems like some steals to me. Blount is a big risk but could pay off. The last 3 were some sleepers I found on internet so are a bit of a guess.

Any advice for how I could improve for a next draft or next year? 

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

What ive been thinking about all week and especially now. Is Kareem Hunt a good start tonight vs the Patriots? Im leaning on starting him but im worried he has a quiet night. 

Pats were gashed by rbs in passing game last year IIRC...I think Hunt has higher floor than most think this week.

43 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Pats were gashed by rbs in passing game last year IIRC...I think Hunt has higher floor than most think this week.

Yeah, im just concerned that NE only gave up a total of like 6 TDs on the ground last year. And on the road, as a rookie in his first game. Im afraid to start him there at my flex. Diggs may get the nod for me this week there. But it may bite me later. 

30 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Yeah, im just concerned that NE only gave up a total of like 6 TDs on the ground last year. And on the road, as a rookie in his first game. Im afraid to start him there at my flex. Diggs may get the nod for me this week there. But it may bite me later. 

I'd ppr I'd side with Diggs...half or standard I'd do Hunt. JMO

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Pierre Garcon for Tevin Coleman...yay or nay?

My RBs:
Jay Ajayi 
Christian McCaffrey 
Derrick Henry 
Alvin Kamara
Samaje Perine

My WRs:
AJ Green
Dez Bryant
Pierre Garcon
Tyrell Williams. 

Nay...Garcon should be target hog even with tough schedule...plus Hoyer peppers his #1 WRs...(Hopkins 2 years ago)

10 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

You only get to roster 10 guys?  It's ok for 14 teams I guess.  I would have spent less on the QB.  I would add Ertz, Ginn, Conner, Rawls, Rodgers of those possibilities.

Yeah we only draft 10 guys and then after the first week were aloud to start picking up guys, I think were aloud to roster 13 guys. Yeah I told my dad I only wanted to spend a dollar or two at the QB position but he really wanted him. If we would of stuck to that game plan we could of had a Bilall Powell over a Rob Kelley. Charcandrick West dosent intrigue you at all? I know its a standard league but he coukld have some value running behind a rookie rb.

Archived