2017 Rookie RB Class

eagles18

2017 Rookie RBs  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will end up having the most success?

• Alvin Kamara
    • Kareem Hunt
    • Leonard Fournette
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Corey Clement
    • Joe Mixon
    • Christian McCaffrey

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But for how long? I think that’s the concern with RBs nowadays. If he has a season like that where he gets probably 350+ touches how will he come back from that the next year? Seems like a pattern of backs that get a ton of looks and fall off the next year. Bell being an exception 

Who knows how long he would last.  I was only responding to the question in regards to what his production would be. 

Kamara would put up historic numbers in a situation where he was the bell cow RB.

• 3 weeks later...

Such an excellent looking RB class, and of D'onta Foreman recovers from his achilles injury, he could also put up some good numbers going forward. I don't know why Clement is on the list or has any votes for that matter. Anyway this is Kamara for me until he shows otherwise. He was an absolute game changer for the Saints. I don't think any of the other guys on the list were quite as good as Kamara this past season, and don't expect any of them to be better going forward.  

On 2/6/2018 at 2:17 PM, Super4 said:

I'm aware, and I still think he's going to be the more durable back as time goes on.  Also nicely played not mentioning Cook.  ^_^

lulzzz...yeah i agree with Fournette. they a run first team with that QB.....and Alvin only has Brees a couple more years....I hope Dalvin recovers. well not as a Lions fan. But as a FSU fan lol. 

I think this is Kamara or Hunt, IMO. Fournette will take a lot of pounding in this Jaguars offense. He only missed 2 games due to health, but it felt like he was missing tons of practice days after turning that ankle. He plays through it though, I suppose. 

He's also a physical strength/speed specimen, but the guy has ZERO lateral agility. Like, in that 250+ carries (and you can even throw in some of the screens/dump offs he caught)..

I do not ever remember him making one hard cut to make someone miss. His best move to make someone miss is to do a spin (and not even a clean spin, its one where both his feet leave the ground leaving him susceptible to getting hit in an awkward spot), which is how he kept re-aggravating that ankle injury.

On 2/11/2018 at 4:36 PM, VanS said:

Who knows how long he would last.  I was only responding to the question in regards to what his production would be. 

Kamara would put up historic numbers in a situation where he was the bell cow RB.

I wonder about that. He can be extremely elusive, and not take a lot of hits. But at the same time, I have seen him hit hard, gang tackled, and still bounce and slip away. I wonder if his body could handle the load as a #1 RB. His frame isn't that big, but he is doing ok so far. If he could handle it physically, I would agree. His numbers would be ridiculous.

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

I wonder about that. He can be extremely elusive, and not take a lot of hits. But at the same time, I have seen him hit hard, gang tackled, and still bounce and slip away. I wonder if his body could handle the load as a #1 RB. His frame isn't that big, but he is doing ok so far. If he could handle it physically, I would agree. His numbers would be ridiculous.

HIs frame is the exact same as Marshall Faulk and Terrell Davis.  He could take the pounding for at least a few years.  No different than most other RBs.

I

3 minutes ago, VanS said:

HIs frame is the exact same as Marshall Faulk and Terrell Davis.  He could take the pounding for at least a few years.  No different than most other RBs.

I may have thought he was smaller because he is always darting around so fast, hard to get a good look xD Like trying to follow a hockey puck.

12 minutes ago, VanS said:

Yeah, and Chris Ivory is built around 220-230 and can’t stay healthy for the life of him. Can’t really predict these things without seeing them.

Kamara avoids so much contact even when he does touch the ball, I wish we could see more of him with more carries.

23 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, and Chris Ivory is built around 220-230 and can’t stay healthy for the life of him. Can’t really predict these things without seeing them.

Kamara avoids so much contact even when he does touch the ball, I wish we could see more of him with more carries.

Honestly, a concern of mine is that Kamara breaks so many tackles that more opponents get hits on him. But he does seem to have a great ability to hit squarely, which works in his favor. As a Saints and Jags fan, I fully expect Kamara to have a longer career than Fournette. Both are a ton of fun to watch in spite about being about as different as two backs can be. 

Archived