aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

good riddance. i rarely speak poorly of the dead, but OJ was a bad, bad man.

Yes...unfortunately, for my generation, one of our "Where were you when JFK was shot?" moments was "Where were you when you were watching the White Bronco chase?"  I was at my frat house and we all huddled around the TV watching it. 

While he always was a jerk, that made him the most hated person alive.  And add onto that, we likely never would have known much about those stupid Kardashians without him.   

• Like 1

Fred Goldman, Ronald's father, spoke to NBC News by phone Thursday.

“The only thing I have to say is it’s just further reminder of Ron being gone all these years," he said. "It’s no great loss to the world. It’s a further reminder of Ron’s being gone.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'm not a fan of the Allman Brothers, since that's not my kind of music, but for those of you that are...

He was a country picker in a southern blues band...but he made it work.  His solos on those records are so clean and effortless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

He was a country picker in a southern blues band...but he made it work.  His solos on those records are so clean and effortless.

err... as a lifelong Allman Brothers fan, i can say that Dicky was not a "country picker." yes, he grew up in a musical family where country and swing was the music he heard and first learned, but he and Barry Oakley were in a rock band when they were 16. and other than his solo album, Highway Call, Betts' music was always rock oriented. it just got more "easy listening" as time went on, plus he no longer had the effect of Duane Allman's blues style to work off of and around.

Betts was a rock guitarist through and through, with even a flare for jazz-like improvisation. which is why he urged the band to not bring in another guitarist after Duane's death, and instead bring on keyboardist Chuck Levell who was a R&B/jazz guy.

in Dickey's later years, the life of drug use and mainly the alcohol, had lessened his ability to compose anything original, and he was just getting by on playing old favorites.

this is one of the finest acoustic solos a blues fan will ever hear, thanks to Betts, Greg Allman, and Warren Haynes:

well gents... i don't know if i should be proud or embarrassed, but i've become the 6th member of Football'sFuture to surpass the 100,000 post threshold, unintentionally on the first morning of the 2024 NFL Draft.

@Webmaster created this site in the fall of 2004 and i joined in the spring of 2005, so we're coming up on our twenty year anniversary as an active group together. Webby had the vision then to offer a football chat website with the motto of "More Talk, Less Trash" and it has been just that. vigorous opinion sharing has been the norm, and while arguments may occasionally ensue, we attempt to treat each other with respect and with camaraderie.

it is the community we created together here in the Minnesota Vikings forum i have enjoyed the most. i have seen many of you mature from your teen years (or not), change jobs and homes, get engaged and married, have children, and in some case we have experienced deaths within our Clan. i see you all as my brothers, sons, cousins, and extended family, and a few of you as the cranky neighbors down the street repeatedly yelling, "get off my lawn and don't trade three 1st round picks for anyone!"

here's to another exciting Draft and season together, and to the ever elusive goal of celebrating a Super Bowl win as a cyber family!

vike daddy

vd100000.jpg

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

well gents... i don't know if i should be proud or embarrassed, but i've become the 6th member of Football'sFuture to surpass the 100,000 post threshold, unintentionally on the first morning of the 2024 NFL Draft.

Congrats, you should be proud!

• Like 1

I'm sure at least a handful of those posts could be considered "quality" posts.  😉

Congratulations!  I came on just a year or 2 later and haven't even gotten to half that number yet, so that's awfully impressive.  I'd probably get carpal tunnel before getting to that number. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Gnat said:

Now I'm wondering how long I've been here, haha. It's been a long time. I was just a young whipper snapper in college.

Looks at the join date, it's 2017, that's way off, haha. I think it was 2004 or so from what I remember when searching for mock drafts, like most people.

• Like 1

Just now, The Gnat said:

Looks at the join date, it's 2017, that's way off, haha. I think it was 2004 or so from what I remember when searching for mock drafts, like most people.

2017 was when the site changed to a new host or format or something, so we all "became members" then.

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Now I'm wondering how long I've been here, haha. It's been a long time. I was just a young whipper snapper in college.

yes, and nervous to ask your girlfriend to marry you.

now look at you!

Just now, vike daddy said:

yes, and nervous to ask your girlfriend to marry you.

now look at you!

And that came like a decade later after I had joined.

This doesn't make sense, my brain still thinks I'm 30, checks actual calendar and is turning 40 this year. Actual calendar is likely wrong.

• Like 2