aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

funny how it's significantly warmer inside your guys' refrigerators right now.

probably even in your freezers.

i, however, am enjoying living in Northern California...

When did you move VD?  I thought you lived in Montana?

59 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Even though it's a long time away (somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 years), my wife and I have been talking about joining PCP, after retirement, in the lovely state of Oregon.  :D 

I just hope to make it to the great state of retirement!  I turned 58 earlier this month...only 12 more years!!

For your reading enjoyment...on this 10th anniversary...

from the aforementioned Proudhorn, now @SemperFeist

That is a huge if. You're talking about the same quarterback who has failed to take a talented Packers team to a Super Bowl in 10 years, he's the same quarterback who cost them the NFC Championship game in 2007 with one of his trademark "gunslinger throws, and this year, again, he cost his team a playoff birth with his stupid "gunslinger" mentality.

Favre is washed up and needs to let go before he severely tarnishes his legacy.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=293323

and from some guy named disaacs, now...me.

I'll say it before someone else does (because I know it will be coming)...or is he the next Troy Williamson? Wink

I read the article yesterday and it seems eerily familiar to the Troy Williamson situation, where they sent him out to Nike because the problem was supposedly with his eyes. Now, they are getting T-Jack involved in MMA because the problem is with his hips. Laughing

Honestly, I don't think anyone is surprised that they are making a commitment to T-Jack to get him where he needs to be. But, if, for one second, anyone believes that getting involved in MMA is going to do anything to improve his QBing, where his problem has been decision-making and accuracy, they are seriously mistaken. It'll improve his athleticism a little more...but athleticism hasn't been his problem.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=294355

And a topic that is very timely considering the existence of a 33 yd old head coach in Sunday's game...and a quote from one of VD's favorite posters of all-time...

You are my new favorite poster. That's what I've been saying for years. Tomlin is a cheerleader and poster boy. He is the guy making the calls on whether to go for it or not, and I am still in shock that he didn't make a foolish decision to go for it on 4th and goal from the 1 foot line yesterday. That's the type of stupid, egotistical, over-aggressive crap he's done the last 2 years there, so I was shocked he didn't do it again there. Arians runs the O, and God LeBeau is in charge of that wicked D (which wins the majority of the games). But after he didn't screw up the SB yesterday, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here and hope he's improving and not being so foolish and reckless in his playcalling.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=294994

Rest in peace, Wade. We should have gone all the way with you in '87.

Getting a Brett Favre shirt out of my closet for the Super Bowl made me realize just how many Brett Favre shirts I own.

IMG0204B.jpg

I have seven, mostly picked up online or from thrift stores because I'm poor as hell. The only one I bought new was the yellow, which was an NFL.com exclusive up for sale within hours of him signing for the Vikings. I bought it because, being crazy like I am, I had this notion in my head that the old man would defy the critics and lead us to a glorious season.

And then he did. Brett brought new life to our team at a time in my life when the entire world was beginning to feel tired. (Now it feels exhausted, and I'm only in my thirties, but hey.) I'll always have the memories.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you're in your 30's and feel tired...?

Feels strange and a little embarrassing to say, especially to people who are a good deal older than me, but yeah. I'm a low-energy kind of guy and the world wears me out. Football is one of the few things that energizes me. I love it for that reason alone. When Favre made that miracle throw to beat the Niners, it was probably the most excited I'd been about anything since childhood; when the underdog Giants beat the unbeaten team I break-danced on the carpet (serious rug burns); when Keenum and Diggs connected on the second Minneapolis Miracle I was watching with my mom and we both came totally unglued, and I'd never seen her like that. Maybe it runs in the family.