aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

48 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I passed my final test, and starting December 3rd, I'll begin the Pittsburgh Police Training Academy!!

I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. It's been so rewarding up to this point, and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. It's humbling, and I'm excited to get started!!!!

Outstanding Steve!  Good for you!

On 10/24/2018 at 8:30 AM, swede700 said:

I think you can always find some on eBay.  

Thanks swede700 and Teninch.  I did see a few on there but unfortunately, I need a size 4XLT and no dice on eBay for that size.  I'll just have to keep my eyes open and maybe one will come up on eBay one of these days. 

On 10/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I passed my final test, and starting December 3rd, I'll begin the Pittsburgh Police Training Academy!!

I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. It's been so rewarding up to this point, and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. It's humbling, and I'm excited to get started!!!!

Way to go Steven!  You're going to be a "man in blue"!  I wonder if they would make an exception and let you be the guy on the force who wears a purple uniform.  ;)

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 9:39 AM, SteelKing728 said:

good thing you weren't already on duty and called to the synagogue shooting. would be a rough way to start your career.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 12:02 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I work security at the hospital where the offender was staying at...

At least 11 adults were killed in the massacre, and six people were injured, including four police officers. Dr. Don Yealy, chairman of emergency medicine at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, said Saturday a 70-year-old man and a 55-year-old officer were in critical condition. Pittsburgh Public Safety Director Wendell Hissrich said the attack at Tree of Life was "one of the worst" crimes scenes he's ever seen.

Bob Jones, an FBI special agent with the Pittsburgh field office, said a Pittsburgh officer and Bowers exchanged gunfire as he was leaving the synagogue. Bowers allegedly shot the officer and then retreated back into the building where he hid from SWAT.

One other officer and two SWAT members were also shot, police said. Bowers was shot multiple times by police before his arrest and was taken to the hospital before federal officials took him into custody.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting-suspect-robert-bowers-makes-first-court-appearance-n925751

This weekend was my annual Extra Life charity event; it basically boils down to a 24 hour game stream from 8 to 8 (we switched to 8 pm Friday to 8 pm Saturday this year instead of 8 am Saturday to 8 am Sunday). 

I set an initial goal to raise $600 but we smashed through that quickly and I reset the goal for $1,000... as of 8 pm last night I had raised $1,001 (my teammates raised another $500) for Gillette Children’s Speciality Healthcare in Minnesota and almost $9,000,000 has been raised country wide for the hospitals of Children’s Miracle Networks. 

Anyone else here participate? I know we have a few gamers. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, RpMc said:

This weekend was my annual Extra Life charity event; it basically boils down to a 24 hour game stream from 8 to 8 (we switched to 8 pm Friday to 8 pm Saturday this year instead of 8 am Saturday to 8 am Sunday). 

I set an initial goal to raise $600 but we smashed through that quickly and I reset the goal for $1,000... as of 8 pm last night I had raised $1,001 (my teammates raised another $500) for Gillette Children’s Speciality Healthcare in Minnesota and almost $9,000,000 has been raised country wide for the hospitals of Children’s Miracle Networks. 

Anyone else here participate? I know we have a few gamers. 

My kids are big gamers. Great cause, btw! 

8 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Same. My son can play all day if I let him. I used to play but get bored after 20 minutes.

I stopped playing a whole lot after I had children.  There just wasn't the time any longer to spend 12 hours straight playing Final Fantasy.  :D