aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

12 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Are there any pay per viewing services like NFL Sunday ticket I can buy to watch the Vikings or NFL Sunday Ticket that has a promo code so I'm not paying $73 a month?

While I'm probably unique, I just pay the $99 bucks a year and watch Game Pass on my phone.  Even though I can't watch the game while live, it works for me, because then I can get some stuff done at home during daylight hours.  

16 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

If I'm gonna try to listen to the Morning Show, I'm definitely gonna need a beer.

I know a lot of people don’t like them, but I enjoy that show more than about any other talk radio on right now. 

Also helps down here in SWMN we finally got to listen to them for the first time about a year and a half ago out of the Worthington radio station.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Are there any pay per viewing services like NFL Sunday ticket I can buy to watch the Vikings or NFL Sunday Ticket that has a promo code so I'm not paying $73 a month?

If you know how to use a VPN (totally legal) you can switch your location to Minnesota and watch local games on the Fox Sports app or NFL game pass.

get a HDMI cord from your phone to TV and you’re golden. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

If you know how to use a VPN (totally legal) you can switch your location to Minnesota and watch local games on the Fox Sports app or NFL game pass.

get a HDMI cord from your phone to TV and you’re golden. 

It just sucks if you’re local and you can’t watch the local games lol

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

What? You can’t watch fox?

just get an antenna of Amazon or Walmart for 30 bucks and you can watch all the CBS and Fox you want.

That’s what I usually do. 

But yesterday the antenna crapped out on me and I wasn’t able to stream the Vikings game on the FOX app or GamePass. Which was quite annoying. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I can't listen to the Power Trip anymore. It's devoid of value, and I just can't stand listening to Hawkey derail every single topic.

I don't generally listen to it (I can listen to it on my phone via a radio app), but every now and then if I don't have another podcast to listen to in the morning, I'll turn it on for the Vikings News snippet at 7:45.  

7 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I can't listen to the Power Trip anymore. It's devoid of value, and I just can't stand listening to Hawkey derail every single topic.

I agree.  I always used to say that I couldn't imagine ever hearing a show that was worse than the Common Man Show, but the Power Trip has actually accomplished that feat.  Slush is completely devoid of personality, Hawkey can't sing but somehow thinks he can, and Meat Sauce, though likeable, has an I.Q. of about 80.  The Power Trip is BRUTALLY BAD.  About their only saving grace is when they get Mark Rosen to come on, but it just isn't worth listening through the rest to wait for Rosey.  Nowadays, I just listen to podcasts of P.A. and Barriero to hear Carl Gerbschmidt.  

• Like 2

The Power Trip is still more interesting than what they replaced, that Bob Yates guy...with his plateful of bacon every morning (because I think he was doing Atkins).  That guy used to put me back to sleep on my drive over from St. Paul to Plymouth every morning (way back when I used to live in the area).  And it's not good to be put back to sleep while sitting in traffic.  :D  

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

The Power Trip is still more interesting than what they replaced, that Bob Yates guy...with his plateful of bacon every morning (because I think he was doing Atkins).  That guy used to put me back to sleep on my drive over from St. Paul to Plymouth every morning (way back when I used to live in the area).  And it's not good to be put back to sleep while sitting in traffic.  :D  

Bob Yates, that's going back a few years.  I agree with you on that.  I actually enjoyed the Power Trip when Mike Morris was on it, but since the current hosts have taken over it has taken a drastic nosedive into the dumpster.

• Like 1