aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

36 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Does everyone have the theme song playing in their head right now, as I do?  :D

Do you the title of the song that is the theme of the show!!!!

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

Do you the title of the song that is the theme of the show!!!!

Yes. It's called "Suicide is Painless."  It was written by ... the producer's 14 year old son.

Marilyn Manson, among others, has covered it. 

34 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yes. It's called "Suicide is Painless."  It was written by ... the producer's 14 year old son.

Marilyn Manson, among others, has covered it. 

Ding...ding...ding...we have a winner!! 

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

ever see the movie, directed by Robert Altman? even better.

and it has football!

I saw it!  The 4077th's secret weapon was Spearchucker Jones!  Jones was also a character in the first season of the tv show, but disappeared without a word...sort of like Chuck Cunningham in Happy Days!! 

On 5/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, JDBrocks said:

IMO, Breaking Bad is the single greatest TV series of all time. You guys are missing out.

I agree.  It is the best television I've ever watched.  For that reason, I recommended it to my 84-year-old stepmom.  I was afraid it might be a little too much for her with the violence, but she ended up binge watching 3 episodes a night on Netflix and loved it! 

My favorite pre-cable television series was Miami Vice.  Undoubtedly the coolest tv show ever! 

I have to agree with Vike Daddy on All in the Family.  That was the best comedy of all time.  Of course, in the hyper-sensitive time we are now living in, it would never see the light of day, but that doesn't stop it from being an all-time classic.  

A close second in the comedy category for me was The Honeymooners.  Pure genius.

On 5/20/2019 at 3:00 PM, swede700 said:

I have no FOMO.  The only TV show in the last 20 years that I just couldn't miss was 24 (at least with Jack Bauer...I only watched about half of the episodes with that other guy).  I only missed one episode while live.  Since that time though, I've been hit and miss on most TV shows.    

I'm a big fan of that show too, probably for obvious reasons.  ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree.  It is the best television I've ever watched.  For that reason, I recommended it to my 84-year-old stepmom.  I was afraid it might be a little too much for her with the violence, but she ended up binge watching 3 episodes a night on Netflix and loved it! 

My favorite pre-cable television series was Miami Vice.  Undoubtedly the coolest tv show ever! 

I have to agree with Vike Daddy on All in the Family.  That was the best comedy of all time.  Of course, in the hyper-sensitive time we are now living in, it would never see the light of day, but that doesn't stop it from being an all-time classic.  

A close second in the comedy category for me was The Honeymooners.  Pure genius.

I loved The Jefferson's growing up. Was really young but the theme song always put a smile on my face. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:40 AM, Virginia Viking said:

I know a lot of people who loved that show...but, they tend to be younger than me.  I am finding that TV producers aren't producing shows for the 55 and older demographic.  I get it...and, it's ok.  Breaking Bad didn't appeal to me.   I did enjoy The Big Bang Theory...even if it wasn't made for my demographic.  I also enjoy the Daily Show...and it definitely isn't made for my demographic.

NCIS is made for my demographic, and I do watch it.  But, it's so stale it's practically penicillin! 

Man, I’m over 50 and thoroughly enjoyed this series. Dang I may have watch it again sometime in the near future. But I get it, taste/preferences are subjective.