For Fun!! Predict compensation for Kirk Cousins Tag & Trade deal & team.

aceinthehouse

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol dude we need Brown .

F spaight and vigil , we need to draft quality ILB with freakish speed .

Brown couldn’t recognize my grandma leaking out of the backfield on a swing pass. Speed doesn’t matter much if you’re not smart enough to recognize your keys on defense. Brown is good at running down ball carriers and blitzing, that’s it. And it’s all he should get paid for. No way in the world I’d pay him close to $10 million a year to be a two down ILB. We pay Foster $2 million a year to play two downs, we shouldn’t pay Brown 5 times as much to do the same.

Brown is a heck of an athlete. We should re-sign him to be a two-down ILB and replace him on 3rd down and long with someone like Cravens (if he’s on the team) or JHC who can cover TEs & RBs and may develop into a great option covering TEs because he’s 6’4.

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Brown couldn’t recognize my grandma leaking out of the backfield on a swing pass. Speed doesn’t matter much if you’re not smart enough to recognize your keys on defense. Brown is good at running down ball carriers and blitzing, that’s it. And it’s all he should get paid for. No way in the world I’d pay him close to $10 million a year to be a two down ILB. We pay Foster $2 million a year to play two downs, we shouldn’t pay Brown 5 times as much to do the same.

Brown is a heck of an athlete. We should re-sign him to be a two-down ILB and replace him on 3rd down and long with someone like Cravens (if he’s on the team) or JHC who can cover TEs & RBs and may develop into a great option covering TEs because he’s 6’4.

Lol ok dude you dont want brown but lol not vigil and spaight to be potential starters .

they aren't even on Browns level at all.

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol ok dude you dont want brown but lol not vigil and spaight to be potential starters .

they aren't even on Browns level at all.

That’s not what I said at all. Vigil will be back becsuse he’s cheap as dirt, not because he’s better than Brown. Brown might not be back if someone is really going to pay a LB who can’t cover or call a defense amongst the most expensive LBs in the NFL.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

As I believe Kevin Sheehan pointed out, the Redskins haven’t been big players on the first few days of free agency since 2011 anyways, so what’s the difference?

Also, Redskins fans overrate Zach Brown. He’s fast and good at blitzing but he’s not good or even poor at so many things that Redskins fans overlook. He often fills the wrong gaps in the run game but because he’s fast, he makes up for it. He’s one of the worst coverage lbs in the nfl. He was a 2 down lb for the Bills and I’m convinced he’s never gotten a big long term deal because in a passing league, he’s a major liability.

If Brown won’t take a deal our front office thinks is right, we need to move on and sign an ILB who can play the run  and cover - even if he doesn’t have 4.4 speed - or draft someone we can develop and have compete with Spaight, Vigil and JHC.

Because we have 31m in cap space and we need 35m to tag him. Which means we need to find over 4m just stay under the cap. And even if we haven't been big players, we won't be any player at all with zero cap space. So if a player falls into our lap and Kirk is still tagged but unsigned and we have zero cap space, we can't do anything.

THAT...is the difference.

As for ZB? Its why I don't expect it to be a blockbuster deal. But even if we want to move on and sign another ILB. We can't with Kirk taking up all our space.

17 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because we have 31m in cap space and we need 35m to tag him. Which means we need to find over 4m just stay under the cap. And even if we haven't been big players, we won't be any player at all with zero cap space. So if a player falls into our lap and Kirk is still tagged but unsigned and we have zero cap space, we can't do anything.

THAT...is the difference.

As for ZB? Its why I don't expect it to be a blockbuster deal. But even if we want to move on and sign another ILB. We can't with Kirk taking up all our space.

Cut McGee 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Sorry, I'm bored. I broke my Spacula Sunday around 5 (no joke) when I slipped on the snowy/icy street.

Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to speculate what we COULD receive in a Cousins Tag & Trade deal.

It may or may not happen, but that's not the point of this thread.

If it actually did happen in this pipe dream twilight zone scenario, what do you think we would receive from a team desperate or not to aquire Kirk Cousins.

I'll use the topic in General, that I already predicted as a template for this subject here.

I predicted swapping 1st rd picks with the Jets, including their 3rd rd pick & RB Matt Forte.

Redskins =#6 pick in 1st rd, Jets 3rd rounder & RB Matt Forte.

Jets = Kirk Cousins & #13th pick in 1st rd.

The Jets have made a bid for Cousins, they will  take Cousins off the Skins hands if the Skins give their second round pick to the Jets.

Couldn't we give out a few contract extensions, thus push about 4M down the road.

we have 31...we need 34.5

I would extend Jordan reed, with some major injury clauses in it.

Same with Trent williams

extend crowder & Sherff

the core unit on offense

I would extend vernon davis too.

Alex gonna need these guys.

Thus, freeing up some more money, then tag Kirk.

That or cut a few guys that suck..lol

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Couldn't we give out a few contract extensions, thus push about 4M down the road.

we have 31...we need 34.5

I would extend Jordan reed, with some major injury clauses in it.

Same with Trent williams

extend crowder & Sherff

the core unit on offense

I would extend vernon davis too.

Alex gonna need these guys.

Thus, freeing up some more money, then tag Kirk.

That or cut a few guys that suck..lol

You gotta have space to do it.

I was reading from another Redskins' source, where the expectation was similar to my thinking. The expectation that the team and Cousins would already have a deal hammered out with a specific team of Kirk's choosing (that wanted him, of course). If that arrangement could be hammered out? then the Redskins would do what was necessary to tag and trade him.. and by that, I mean producing the cap room to facilitate the tag and then trade. Easy cuts to be made, existing contracts restructured, etc. 

Archived