2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

Dude, can't you just chill out with the way you talk to people? Always so confrontational. Its someone who disagrees with you a football website. Bigger fish to fry in life.

Little tough to do when I see people suggest we sign a QB who:

1. Has been out of the NFL for a year.
2. Hasn't been able to stay healthy.
3. Sucks.

It wasn't an insult.  It wasn't even confrontational.  The guy I responded to has opinions so far away from mine that I would stop talking to him if I knew him.  What you said to me was more confrontational than what I said to him.  I didn't say I'd slap him, I didn't say anything other than that I would stop talking to him. 

Saying that it's an internet thing and that there are bigger fish to fry is just all sorts of off, too.  You're absolutely right.  It's the Internet, and you shouldn't be so sensitive about it. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think if I knew you in person I would stop talking to you about football.  RG3?  Are you serious or are you trolling? 

Ya, that ones a head scratcher. Now,  Kaepernick... that’s interesting. I think we might be in the playoffs if we had signed him last year. Now, I also feel we would have gotten bounced because of our other  deficiencies. 

22 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Little tough to do when I see people suggest we sign a QB who:

1. Has been out of the NFL for a year.
2. Hasn't been able to stay healthy.
3. Sucks.

It wasn't an insult.  It wasn't even confrontational.  The guy I responded to has opinions so far away from mine that I would stop talking to him if I knew him.  What you said to me was more confrontational than what I said to him.  I didn't say I'd slap him, I didn't say anything other than that I would stop talking to him. 

Saying that it's an internet thing and that there are bigger fish to fry is just all sorts of off, too.  You're absolutely right.  It's the Internet, and you shouldn't be so sensitive about it. 

You just sound like a jag and it get sickening to others who are looking for grown up conversations. If you really had a friend question the Packers signing RG3 and you stopped talking to them then your worse than a jag. That’s my opinion. Oh ya, and it sure sounded like an insult to everyone on here, ease up big guy. 

3 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

You just sound like a jag and it get sickening to others who are looking for grown up conversations. If you really had a friend question the Packers signing RG3 and you stopped talking to them then your worse than a jag. That’s my opinion. Oh ya, and it sure sounded like an insult to everyone on here, ease up big guy. 

Well said.

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

I've been off and on this site for like ten years now.  I'm not gonna change.  If it bothers people, they should block me.  It's literally that simple.  And I never said friend.  And I'd literally stop talking to my best friend if he ever called me big guy. 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've been off and on this site for like ten years now.  I'm not gonna change.  If it bothers people, they should block me.  It's literally that simple.  And I never said friend.  And I'd literally stop talking to my best friend if he ever called me big guy. 

Was trying to keep it calm and thought just saying ease up could be taken more harsh. 

Cant we all just get along? You can certainly state your opinion without being that way. 

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

Cant we all just get along? You can certainly state your opinion without being that way. 

You could state AN opinion instead of telling others how to state their opinions maybe, too.

The guy said something I thought wasn't a bright idea..  As politely as I could, I told him I think his ideas aren't bright at all.  I think this so strongly that if I knew him in person, I'd just flat out stop talking to him about football. 

He's the same guy that argued for drafting a guard in round one, he cuts Bulaga in every mock, he suggested we draft Mayfield, and I find his opinions to be nearly exclusively bad. 

If the guy is crying, I'll apologize.  I just happen to assume that people have skin thicker than GraphExeter.  I had to Google thinnest things to find that reference. 

36 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

What is everyone's views on Trent Murphy? Do you think he'd be enough to fix our pass rush?

No.

And I think the contract is going to be way too high considering his injury. He had one solid season and tore his ACL. Also, he was the #2 guy clearly, even in his one good season.

32 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

What is everyone's views on Trent Murphy? Do you think he'd be enough to fix our pass rush?

I like it if he wants a one year deal.  He'd be a great insurance policy in case there isn't a worthy pass rusher at 14th overall. 

29 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I like it if he wants a one year deal.  He'd be a great insurance policy in case there isn't a worthy pass rusher at 14th overall. 

Assuming he's healthy, I think I would be comfortable making a solid offer to him. 27 years old, just entering his prime. Could be a real good gamble. 

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Good fix for Brooks' role. I wouldn't want him as a starting OLB however.

There aren't really too many starting OLB types out there.  We are probably more likely to land a couple Murphy or Brooks types than someone who is going to be more productive than Perry or Clay.

Archived