2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Do your eyes tell you King was a 41? Lol that's why PFF is garbage.

I saw nothing impressive about King other than his Falcons game in terms of coverage.  He impressed in run support, but that's about it.  I don't recall a single play he made in coverage. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

When defensive backs could gang tackle receivers running routes and defensive ends could curb stomp quarterbacks. 

How many rookie CB’s had decent years last season? I mean I think we’re on the same page dude. If we can get a salad pass rusher at 14 and Wilkerson can provide some heat up the middle a solid second round CB along with king could be enough. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I saw nothing impressive about King other than his Falcons game in terms of coverage.  He impressed in run support, but that's about it.  I don't recall a single play he made in coverage. 

How about a single time he was burned in coverage? Other than the New Orleans game where he's playing through a shoulder falling apart at the seams because House got hurt.

Guys... you can get good (or at the very least solid) CBs at bargain bin prices in FA each year. 

Where were Melvin and Robinson at last year? 

Personally... I'd love to take a few upside swings on guys like Breaux (has been a legit #1) and Lane... or CBs of that ilk. 

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

How many rookie CB’s had decent years last season? I mean I think we’re on the same page dude. If we can get a salad pass rusher at 14 and Wilkerson can provide some heat up the middle a solid second round CB along with king could be enough. 

We've been crap at corner for two straight years.  This board had to listen to people ***** and moan about frickin inside linebacker for 8 years when we were constantly adding players to try to fix it.  Now people can't be upset about our lack of attention at corner?  It's just BS.  I'll be calm and feel comfortable once we sign or trade for corners.  Not before then.  Those corners that had great years were first round picks.  We have one first round pick. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

How about a single time he was burned in coverage? Other than the New Orleans game where he's playing through a shoulder falling apart at the seams because House got hurt.

Pretty sure I remember some times.  Can't give you any examples, but there were some times.  I don't think he's going to be all that great.  I don't think he's going to be all that durable. 

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Really? A rookie was one of our better CB’s last year. 

Yeah, JMO.  I  can not name a team that had 2 rookie starting CBs that won a Super Bowl.  Far more rookies have disappointing seasons like King than have seasons like Lattimore.  Given how superb this same method worked in 2015, I've got very little confidence that it will work this year.  We've got very little experience and talent at CB.  

10 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

San Francisco won a super Bowl with 3 rookies starting at DB. CB is a position a guy can come right in and play if you get a good one... we need 1 good one. 

Circa 1981.   The game has changed immensely since then.  Players are also over 300 pounds now as well.

1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

idk who you guys were watching last year, but king looked solid when he was on the field. 

They weren't... too busy reading tweets from other people watching the game. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

We've been crap at corner for two straight years.  This board had to listen to people ***** and moan about frickin inside linebacker for 8 years when we were constantly adding players to try to fix it.  Now people can't be upset about our lack of attention at corner?  It's just BS.  I'll be calm and feel comfortable once we sign or trade for corners.  Not before then.  Those corners that had great years were first round picks.  We have one first round pick. 

Dude... give Gute some time. If the draft comes and go’s and we still don’t have an upgrade at CB I’m with you   

I’m going to be pissed if we take Josh Jackson at 14 and expect him to start with King from day 1. He needs a year to learn technique before he’ll be anything but a liability and a full season of getting his *** kicked could ruin him before that ever happens. Have to try to move up for Ward. Or pray Jaire Alexander/Isiah Oliver falls a bit. I still doubt either of those guys are going to be ready day 1 like we’d expect. Only one who can hold up immediately to me is Ward. 

10 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Work... and more work. Basically... too much work. 

Nice to see you around squire.... I'm eagerly anticipating this 5th RD pick argument. 

I feel the work thing.  Hope you are finding time to scout some players a little.

Feel free to add your input on this.....

Archived