2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

I don't think Kareem Jackson will be cut. Their starting corner Johnathan Joseph is currently a FA.

He won't be cut, you'd have to trade for him. He's a FA in 2019 so Texans may see value in getting something for him before he walks next year.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's not like Rodgers isn't likely coming back as a backup or second tight end. 

At this point I hope he does and that we draft one of the decent TEs out of this draft class. Graham's got some miles on him and it would be nice to "put this position away" for awhile as far as "need to fill" aspects.

7 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Wonder what the numbers are for Jerrick McKinnon to the 49ers. At this point are the Vikings going to have 3rd round comps for 2 of the 3 QBs, and then another one for McKinnon? ugh

Signing Cousins will negate 1 comp for sure.

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

Wonder what the numbers are for Jerrick McKinnon to the 49ers. At this point are the Vikings going to have 3rd round comps for 2 of the 3 QBs, and then another one for McKinnon? ugh

No they won't.  There is no way the compensatory formula will give an even match Bradford/Keenum for Cousins when Cousins will be the biggest free agent of the year. 

24 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:
39 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

No they won't.  There is no way the compensatory formula will give an even match Bradford/Keenum for Cousins when Cousins will be the biggest free agent of the year

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Signing Cousins will negate 1 comp for sure.

$20m for Bradford
$18m for Keenum
I dunno Teddy's
$7.5m for McKinnon

offset by (for now)

$28m for Cousins

I'm no expert, but it goes by tiers usually, right? Not sure if the fully guaranteed effects that. But imo I would think that all 3 of the Bradford, Keenum, and Cousins would be in the top tier (3rd round) and so one would cancel out Cousins, leaving the other 3rd intact. Then Teddy and McKinnon whatever they get would be extra. 

I guess maybe the Bradford and Mckinnon together could cancel Cousins, so the Keenum is still intact? 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

$20m for Bradford
$18m for Keenum
I dunno Teddy's
$7.5m for McKinnon

offset by (for now)

$28m for Cousins

I'm no expert, but it goes by tiers usually, right? Not sure if the fully guaranteed effects that. But imo I would think that all 3 of the Bradford, Keenum, and Cousins would be in the top tier (3rd round) and so one would cancel out Cousins, leaving the other 3rd intact. Then Teddy and McKinnon whatever they get would be extra. 

I guess maybe the Bradford and Mckinnon together could cancel Cousins, so the Keenum is still intact? 

Something like that. Either way it's not like they will get multiple high picks.

3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Something like that. Either way it's not like they will get multiple high picks.

If Teddy gets north of $15m they might get two 3rds. Only Robinson, Tru and Watkins have signed for $14+ so far. Solder might too

I still don't think this offseason is all that different from other offseasons for us.  Only difference is we started sooner.  We've signed a veteran tight end the past two years, and Wilkerson was a pre-free agency tampering free agent who we signed to a one year deal.  We didn't land any of the top top players.  It's not like we went out and signed Johnson or something. 

So far the only difference has been Gute's willingness to get RID of players, not add them. 

@JBURGE25  here is the Over the cap info thus far on projected 2019 comp picks.  Some info not in yet for Bridgewater and McKinnon.  LAR are looking good for 2 end of 3rd comp picks.

https://overthecap.com/draft

Team Round Compensated Free Agent APY
WAS 3 Kirk Cousins $28,000,000
MIN 3 Case Keenum $18,000,000
LAR 3 Sammy Watkins $16,000,000
LAR 3 Trumaine Johnson $15,000,000
CAR 3 Andrew Norwell $13,333,333
NE 3 Malcolm Butler $12,200,000
SEA 4 Jimmy Graham $10,000,000
DAL 4 Anthony Hitchens $9,000,000
SEA 4 Paul Richardson $8,000,000
PIT 5 Christopher Hubbard $7,500,000
WAS 5 Ryan Grant $7,250,000
IND 5 Donte Moncrief $7,000,000
NYG 5 Devon Kennard $6,250,000
NE 5 Danny Amendola $6,000,000
NO 6 Chase Daniel $5,000,000
NE 6 Dion Lewis $5,000,000
CIN 6 Chris Smith $4,833,333
NO 7 Rafael Bush $2,250,000
LAR ? Derek Carrier TBA
SF 7 net value  
MIN ? Teddy Bridgewater TBA
ATL ? Taylor Gabriel TBA
NYG ? Weston Richburg TBA
TBD 7 supp. compensatory (N/A)

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

@JBURGE25  here is the Over the cap info thus far on projected 2019 comp picks.  Some info not in yet for Bridgewater and McKinnon.  LAR are looking good for 2 end of 3rd comp picks.

https://overthecap.com/draft

Team Round Compensated Free Agent APY
WAS 3 Kirk Cousins $28,000,000
MIN 3 Case Keenum $18,000,000
LAR 3 Sammy Watkins $16,000,000
LAR 3 Trumaine Johnson $15,000,000
CAR 3 Andrew Norwell $13,333,333
NE 3 Malcolm Butler $12,200,000
SEA 4 Jimmy Graham $10,000,000
DAL 4 Anthony Hitchens $9,000,000
SEA 4 Paul Richardson $8,000,000
PIT 5 Christopher Hubbard $7,500,000
WAS 5 Ryan Grant $7,250,000
IND 5 Donte Moncrief $7,000,000
NYG 5 Devon Kennard $6,250,000
NE 5 Danny Amendola $6,000,000
NO 6 Chase Daniel $5,000,000
NE 6 Dion Lewis $5,000,000
CIN 6 Chris Smith $4,833,333
NO 7 Rafael Bush $2,250,000
LAR ? Derek Carrier TBA
SF 7 net value  
MIN ? Teddy Bridgewater TBA
ATL ? Taylor Gabriel TBA
NYG ? Weston Richburg TBA

my likes are back!

I’m guessing GB brings House back cheap and gets a Rashaan Melvin/Jeremy Lane to help with depth. And focus on CB in the draft.

Aaron Nagler keeps saying everyone isn’t in love with the edge rushers this year sooo maybe that’s a clear sign GB is planning on secondary high. A James, Ward or another corner they have high.

Also in their evaluations I wonder how much they think Pettine and his system will just make guys better.

Archived