2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:
4 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Two thoughts, first, what do you think it would take to sign Tyrann Mathieu, $9, $10 or $11m per year?  I agree he would be a difference maker in the DBfield.  Second, what about Jason McCourty?  The Browns released him today, any thoughts?

Call me insane. But watch Tyrann get 13 per. 

Tyrann reportedly turned down a restructure to stay with the Cardinals for $9m a year. Now he is on the open market. I would be surprised if he signed for less than $11m

9 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Patriots get McCourty

The Browns front office royally screwed this one up. Shows that they never even put him on the trade market. Half the teams in the league would have taken him @ 1yr and 3mil.

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Patriots get McCourty

First head scratcher of the offseason for me. Guy would have been immediate upgrade over what we had and no way we didnt have every opportunity to trade for him...

I hope Gute isnt married to his draft picks like TT. Trading a 6 for McCourty is a steal in a half. I would have given them a 5 without blinking.

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Call me insane but I would rather pay Tryann 13 per then Trumaine 15 per. 

Not me.  I'd rather have the bigger CB than the smaller safety.  Tyrann is more boom or bust with Trumaine being more consistant.  The advanage with Tyrann though is he's like 3 years younger. 

Who am I fooling.... with the current state our secondary, I'd take either.  

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

sign crabtree plz

Why?  Didn't we just get rid of Nelson becasue he was too slow?  Crabtree has all the issues Nelson had without the upside (connection with AR12).  

2 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Nicely done by the Pats. 

Patriots don't splash in FA very often but these are the very types of subtle moves that lead to championships. I love the pick-for-player trade concept and we haven't used it in 10+ years in GB.

Archived