2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

One?

One mid tier CB puts us back where we started with less cap space.

Yes. We will have replaced DR (plugged that hole) and added Wilkerson, Graham and better draft positions. It's not a one off situation. I'm not getting in to the "Jordy valuation debate for the ages" - others can rage on with that - but I think we'll figure something out.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Yes really. Crabtree has the same issues as Jordy which is why Oakland ditched him. He’s no more faster and a substantially less talented WR. 

Just don’t know how you could say so either way. Have you seen then race lately?  Green Bay had the slowest WR core and Janis and Davis hardly played at WR

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Yes really. Crabtree has the same issues as Jordy which is why Oakland ditched him. He’s no more faster and a substantially less talented WR. 

From what I'm reading - which matters not one bit - I think BALT is gonna push hard for Crabtree.

9 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Just don’t know how you could say so either way. Have you seen then race lately?  Green Bay had the slowest WR core and Janis and Davis hardly played at WR

Of course I haven’t seen them race though I’ve watched them over their careers and there is no comparing the 2 players.  Crabtree got over 100 targets last year (with a healthy Carr) and wasn’t any more productive than Jordy who only had his QB for 6 games. 

Amyone wanting Crabtree didn’t watch him last year IMO. If we’re going to toss Jordy out with the trash, we need to replace him with speed not a 10 YPR guy. 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

From what I'm reading - which matters not one bit - I think BALT is gonna push hard for Crabtree.

Makes sense after the lost out on Moncrief. They need bodies. 

14 minutes ago, marky mark said:

Let them have him. We’re so desperate to make moves just for the sake of making moves that we’re over paying like crazy (ie making Jimmy Graham the highest paid TE in the NFL after a terrible year). No way a guy who’s on his 5th team in 5 years is a dependable signing worth a huge contract. 

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Let me have him. We’re so desperate to make moves just for the sake of making moves that we’re over paying like crazy (ie making Jimmy Graham the highest paid TE in the NFL after a terrible year). No way a guy who’s on his 5th team in 5 years is a dependable signing worth a huge contract. 

I'm tellin ya....Ross Cockrell.

Just now, SSG said:

Let me have him. We’re so desperate to make moves just for the sake of making moves that we’re over paying like crazy (ie making Jimmy Graham the highest paid TE in the NFL after a terrible year). No way a guy who’s on his 5th team in 5 years is a dependable signing worth a huge contract. 

I'm convinced you are Jordy Nelson.

Look man, we really appreciate all you did, and we'll never forget you. Go do your thing in Oakland and we'll welcome you back in the Packers HOF in the few years.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm convinced you are Jordy Nelson.

Look man, we really appreciate all you did, and we'll never forget you. Go do your thing in Oakland and we'll welcome you back in the Packers HOF in the few years.

And I’m convinced you truly hated me. We’re all good bud. Some people are so establishment that they truely have no idea what is and isn’t a good player. They just take what the establishment says hook, line and sinker. It’s easier than actually knowing what you are talking about.  Would make sense why you make a plethora of excuses for your man crush Graham while trashing me. The current Packer is ALWAYS better than the past Packer, right? :)

The only positive to losing Melvin would be if we are truly committed to selling the farm for Mathieu. Id rather pay $12 million to him than $8 mill to Melvin even despite our CB situation. Mathieu is a difference maker.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

The only positive to losing Melvin would be if we are truly committed to selling the farm for Mathieu. Id rather pay $12 million to him than $8 mill to Melvin even despite our CB situation. Mathieu is a difference maker.

Most likely scenario is I just turned in my $1,400 season ticket renewal to watch Herb Waters and a 2nd round pick play CB for the Packers this year.

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

I agree overpaid but terrible year? 10 Touchdowns isn't terrible. 

Archived