2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's best when you're wrong.  I believe you had little faith in Cook, too.  I was ecstatic about Cook and excited about Peppers.  So it works out well when we disagree.  Check the archives and see what happens when we agree. 

My view is that when Wolf got here and traded for Favre people lost their minds. They we got Reggie people were extatic. We then added several aging vets just like we are done my now. We also went with some retreads who hadn’t performed up to what they once were. We also went with some no name young guys who somehow panned our. 

I’m curious and I guess excited to see where Gute is taking this team. It’s his now, let see how he builds it. And guys, it’s football and entertainment for us. Let’s not all lose our minds in March. At least wait until August to complain about holes unfilled. 

Just now, spilltray said:

I can't fathom why Tramon's name keeps coming up.

2 reasons...played really well last year and he knows the new system. A 1 year deal is all I suggest. Let him start early in the year and then let young guys develop. See how things shake out. I don't see too many multi-year starters still out there in FA

39 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's best when you're wrong.  I believe you had little faith in Cook, too.  I was ecstatic about Cook and excited about Peppers.  So it works out well when we disagree.  Check the archives and see what happens when we agree. 

I'm not quite sure I was wrong on Cook.

30/377/1 was Cook's regular season line for us in 2016. 

Obviously the Playoffs were better with 18/229/2 in 3 games, but that's still a subpar season. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not quite sure I was wrong on Cook.

30/377/1 was Cook's regular season line for us in 2016. 

Obviously the Playoffs were better with 18/229/2 in 3 games, but that's still a subpar season. 

To be fair he was injured basically the first half of the season. Guy balled out when he came back. Especially, as you noted, in the playoffs. That catch along the sidelines in Dallas was gorgeous. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just don't get the love for this offseason.

The Randall trade opened up a hole at CB (so we now have 3 instead of 2) for a lateral move at backup QB.

We signed Wilkerson who was a mediocre player last year (and has been for two years since his injury) and who was leading an active rebellion against the coaching staff in New York.

We cut Nelson, who by some accounts would have been willing to work with us on a reasonable extension for alleviation.

We used the money from cutting Nelson to sign Jimmy Graham, who also was really mediocre last year (outside of the red zone).

This offseason has so much risk involved in it, it's scary.

++++

If we can patch this bleeding CB rotation.

If we can draft an impactful pass rusher.

If Kizer was a result of sucking due to being a rookie on the Browns and will get better.

If Wilkerson's problems are mental and not physical.

If Wilkerson's mental problems are fixed by a new location.

If we can come up with a way to get full impact out of Clark, Daniels, and Wilkerson.

If we can find another WR to replace Nelson.

If Jimmy Graham isn't done and just needs a change in scenery. 

You're being too negative. Apparently you need to trust the proces....

People believe Pettine will change everything but even Pettine has his limits. He can't turn donkeys into racehorses..

29 minutes ago, spilltray said:

He played pretty poorly under Pettine and really wasn't good last year. We saw he was a liability physically when he left. I'd rather play udfa looking for the next Shields/Williams.

Except...he was great last year? Ask any ARI fan or research it yourself.

Archived