2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Man, moving from 23 to 4/5/6 spot to get a QB. They'll have to trade a ton for that jump

The Bills have more ammo than them anyways. Maybe they trade up for Lamar? If they are going to move up for a QB I just want them to get ahead of our pick...

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Man, moving from 23 to 4/5/6 spot to get a QB. They'll have to trade a ton for that jump

They have 23 and 31 plus 2 second round picks.  I think if they traded Gronkowski they'd still have to give up a 2019 first round pick to get into the top five. 

42 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

They have 23 and 31 plus 2 second round picks.  I think if they traded Gronkowski they'd still have to give up a 2019 first round pick to get into the top five. 

I could've easily talked myself into a 3 way trade for Gronkowski before signing Graham. 

Just now, TransientTexan said:

Yea the Pats would probably have plenty. According to the charts, #23, 31, & 43 are about equivalent to the #4. If would be an interesting move. 

The Jets just had to pay the 37th overall pick, the 49th overall pick and their 2019 second round pick to move up 3 spots. 

3rd overall was 2200 in value.  6th overall was 1600.  That means the Jets were 600 points in value away.  They paid 1340 points in value if their 2019 second round pick is 50th overall.   That's to move up 3 spots.

There is no way in hell any team in the top 5 would trade their top five pick for the 23, 31 and 43 overall picks. 

Something tells me that NE would likely look at a 2-4th round QB as much as a big trade up for 1.  

Rudolph

Lauletta

White

If they can land a group of defensive players and some OL players, NE is going to be right back in the thick of things for the AFC title in 2018.  Would also not be surprised if NE trades some 2019 picks to add other picks for 2018.  They are slated to get 2 comp picks in the 3rd round currently

51 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The Jets just had to pay the 37th overall pick, the 49th overall pick and their 2019 second round pick to move up 3 spots. 

3rd overall was 2200 in value.  6th overall was 1600.  That means the Jets were 600 points in value away.  They paid 1340 points in value if their 2019 second round pick is 50th overall.   That's to move up 3 spots.

There is no way in hell any team in the top 5 would trade their top five pick for the 23, 31 and 43 overall picks. 

future picks are generally docked some value in trades. Atlanta moved up 20 spots for basically chart value in 2011. Buffalo 2014 trade wasn't too far from chart value. Neither was the Goff/Wentz trades in 2016.  there will be some premium but I think you are exaggerating it. I am making 2 separate statements. (1) what the trade chart shows, and (2) that Patriots have enough value in their draft board (even if they have to tack on another 2nd or 3rd). 

there will be some premium but I think you are exaggerating it.

No I'm not.  Even if you removed the 2019 pick completely, the Jets paid 340 points over the draft chart value to move up 3 spots.  That's the 56th overall pick in the draft OVER the value chart to move from 6th to 3rd.  You honestly believe any team would trade a top five pick for the 23rd, 31st and 43rd overall picks? 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No I'm not.  Even if you removed the 2019 pick completely, the Jets paid 340 points over the draft chart value to move up 3 spots.  That's the 56th overall pick in the draft OVER the value chart to move from 6th to 3rd.  You honestly believe any team would trade a top five pick for the 23rd, 31st and 43rd overall picks? 

And I gave you a bunch of other data points and explicitly stated the separate points I am making. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Do you think the Browns might give #4 for 23, and Gronk? Maybe add in 43?

And I gave you a bunch of other data points and explicitly stated the separate points I am making. 

Right, but I'm saying that the trade chart doesn't apply when you talk about the top 8 picks, so the trade chart doesn't matter, and because of that, no, the Patriots don't have the draft value to do it without adding in a 2019 first AT THE VERY LEAST. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Right, but I'm saying that the trade chart doesn't apply when you talk about the top 8 picks, so the trade chart doesn't matter, and because of that, no, the Patriots don't have the draft value to do it without adding in a 2019 first AT THE VERY LEAST. 

well I disagree. there is definitely more variance for trades at the top, but that does not mean they have zero correlation to the trade chart. it's not a binary thing.

Archived