2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Soooooooooooooo much different from Thompson in free agency though. 

Lol. 

Man you're annoying. We're comparing 75 days to 12 years. That's "lol".

Gute could be exactly the same as Ted, or totally different. Anyone calling him anything right now is dumb.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You can say this about every position minus QB, RB and DL. This team has more holes than I can recall since probably 2008.

Which only makes this worse. Chance to help fill a hole and we didnt get it done. Not sure what we are doing. Maybe we are going to need 12 rookies after all? We certainly have the holes.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Man you're annoying. We're comparing 75 days to 12 years. That's "lol".

Man you're annoying.  We signed less players in free agency this year than Thompson's last year.  There's also more to suggest we're doing the exact same thing in free agent contract negotiations as we did the entire time Thompson was here than otherwise.  From actual people who know more than you or me combined.  So...

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Man you're annoying.  We signed less players in free agency this year than Thompson's last year.  There's also more to suggest we're doing the exact same thing in free agent contract negotiations as we did the entire time Thompson was here than otherwise.  From actual people who know more than you or me combined.  So...

Everyone gets it, you made a statement on how things were going to be exactly the same well before anything even started for GB and now you feel the need to have to justify what you said after every instance of something going your way.

You called a guy winning the race and it's been a few laps, he's in the lead and you're over here shouting "see I told you guys!" OK, chill, it hasn't been 3 months yet. Ted had 13 years. We were cap strapped this off-season anyway, the following two years will be much more proof one way or another where there is a ton of cap flexibility.

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Only WRs left I have interest in are Cam Meredith and Jeremy Maclin. 

A healthy Meredith is better than a healthy Matthews any day. Let's hope it happens. He is restricted.....

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Everyone gets it, you made a statement on how things were going to be exactly the same well before anything even started for GB and now you feel the need to have to justify what you said after every instance of something going your way.

That's not even what it is.  I don't even like free agency and the only reason I'm mad at Gute right now is because the effing Patriots signed him when we had a chance to sign him first. 

We were cap strapped this off-season anyway, the following two years will be much more proof one way or another where there is a ton of cap flexibility.

That part really isn't true, especially after we cut Jordy.  We have the 14th most cap space as of like a week ago in the NFL. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

That's not even what it is.  I don't even like free agency and the only reason I'm mad at Gute right now is because the effing Patriots signed him when we had a chance to sign him first. 

That part really isn't true, especially after we cut Jordy.  We have the 14th most cap space as of like a week ago in the NFL. 

Yeah we still have like 18m left and we're not done yet, but I'm sure whatever else occurs you'll say was a "Ted-like" move.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah we still have like 18m left and we're not done yet, but I'm sure whatever else occurs you'll say was a "Ted-like" move.

We’re also going to/hoping to re-sign the best/most expensive player in the league 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If we sign House, that's Ted-like.  If we sign any ex-Packers, that's Ted-like.  If we sign DRC, that's not Ted-like.  If you feel so certain I am bound to be unfair in my assessment, you can give me a list of players/moves and I will announce right now whether or not it is Ted-like.  Question is... If we sign one or two post June 1st cuts and don't make any player trades, will you ever admit it was business as usual for a Packer offseason? 

6 minutes ago, Kepler said:

A healthy Meredith is better than a healthy Matthews any day. Let's hope it happens. He is restricted.....

I mean Meredith had one year last year where he put up decent stats. He's potentially an up and coming player but somewhat unproven. When healthy Matthews was a better slot WR than Cobb. At this point, I'd gladly take Meredith but let's not act like hes a much better player than Matthews. We don't know that.

Could be that NFL free agents feel GB is on the downswing vs other NFC teams.  NE is still a likely AFC title contender with few strong challengers.

GB may be in a situation that more money in the offers will be needed to land some outside FA.

Archived