2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Pugger said:

But don't you find it rather telling guys like House and DRC are still looking for work?

That's my point when it comes to House.  Re-signing House is a Ted move.  Safe.  Former Packer. 

DRC I disagree on.  DRC still has talent.  He's said he's going to wait until after the draft to find his new team.  I don't blame him.  He wants to play.  He doesn't want his role to get reduced after some team just so happens to pick a younger corner.  That's the type of player I want.  He's waiting at the expense of money to ensure more playing time. 

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's my point when it comes to House.  Re-signing House is a Ted move.  Safe.  Former Packer. 

DRC I disagree on.  DRC still has talent.  He's said he's going to wait until after the draft to find his new team.  I don't blame him.  He wants to play.  He doesn't want his role to get reduced after some team just so happens to pick a younger corner.  That's the type of player I want.  He's waiting at the expense of money to ensure more playing time. 

I'm sure we will resign House. Literally no one else wants him. At this point, I'll take him on the roster but it's still status quo. Not good enough if we want to compete this year. 

18 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Man you're annoying.  We signed less players in free agency this year than Thompson's last year.  There's also more to suggest we're doing the exact same thing in free agent contract negotiations as we did the entire time Thompson was here than otherwise.  From actual people who know more than you or me combined.  So...

It isn't really fair to compare to TT's last year, because that was an anomaly .  It does resemble most of TTs previous years though.

To be fair- I don't think this was a very interesting year for FAs.  Plus, the money was stupid crazy.  The overall talent of available FAs wasn't near what it's been previously.  Maybe that's why we saw so many trades with draftpicks involved.

I do think Green Bay is fighting an identity problem though.  Are we sliding or are we going to bounce back and contend?

Archived