2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I ran to their subreddit after I made that post. Read all their articles about him.. Didn't realize the contract and it feels like about half of them think he gets cut but he's openly said he wants to see dollar signs just as big, more or less.

We all want things. Everyone on this board wants to win the lottery. I want to have intercourse with Jennifer Love Hewitt just once. I mean we all have wants. Unfortunately, they typically go unanswered.

10 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

We all want things. Everyone on this board wants to win the lottery. I want to have intercourse with Jennifer Love Hewitt just once. I mean we all have wants. Unfortunately, they typically go unanswered.

I was just pointing to that, saying it might be like pulling teeth to get him here if it became an option. If he holds out hope he's worth a ton or whatever

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I was just pointing to that, saying it might be like pulling teeth to get him here if it became an option. If he holds out hope he's worth a ton or whatever

I know bro, I was just giving you ****. :)

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've always been higher on him than I feel like most have. There were periods of his career where people would talk like he was a worthless bum and I never got that. 

Could be the other site I frequented though. They just hated him, maybe they were just parroting each other.

8 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I've always been higher on him than I feel like most have. There were periods of his career where people would talk like he was a worthless bum and I never got that. 

Could be the other site I frequented though. They just hated him, maybe they were just parroting each other.

I dont know a whole bunch about him outside a general knowledge that he's pretty good - so reading up on him.

From ESPN:

"Before releasing him, the Giants had asked Rodgers-Cromartie to take a pay cut, but he declined. They also considered trying him at free safety, a source told ESPN's Jordan Raanan. The two-time Pro Bowler has played cornerback his entire 10-year career, starting on the outside early in his career before being shifted inside to the slot the past two seasons.

Rodgers-Cromartie has 30 career interceptions but had none in 2017 after matching his career high with six in 2016. He was suspended for one game last season by then-coach Ben McAdoo for leaving practice without permission"

He's 31. Be interested to know if the move inside was due to loss of speed.

Here we go.

From the NYPost:

"A 10-year NFL veteran, Rodgers-Cromartie, who turns 32 on April 7, was moved from his preferred outside cornerback spot in 2016 to the inside slot corner role to accommodate rookie Eli Apple — a move many of his teammates did not understand or appreciate, given Apple’s many lapses"

4 hours ago, persiandud said:

DRC, Colvin, and Mo Wilkerson sounds good to me 

please no Trumaine, that guy is gonna be way overpaid

Agree on this. GB needs multiple additions to the secondary. Using their cap space to spend big on Trumaine still leaves them thin depth wise

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I remember this one time we signed an elite athlete at CB whom other teams were trying to convert to safety but we kept at CB....

That one seemed to work out.

Whats the punchline? Who's that player?

DRC was a guy a lot of people, myself included, were interested in when he signed with the Giants. I'd like to take a run at him. Put me in the group that, on surface level, doesn't want to sign Tru to $14m a year.. but if we did sign him, I wouldn't be upset. 

Archived