2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

A Ben Fennell Twitter thread:

Time for some Trumaine Johnson free agent film study......Johnson has clear size/length. Long arms cause serious disruption at LOS, also gives him range to poke away passes at catch point. Really smothers smaller WRs (Hilton, Baldwin, Lee, etc) but can match size vs X-WRs (Dez, Julio, Hopkins)......Johnson is a bit heavy footed in start/stop situations. Doesn't have elite speed to recover. Annoying CB - grabs, tugs when he can.....Trumaine Johnson is strong at the catch point. Rarely loses a jump ball situation, competes/attacks ball. Has size/strength to not get knocked off......Going through the big plays (20+yd receptions) allowed...While I often wrote down 'downfield catch point/locate ball' for Damarious Randall - I almost never write that for Trumaine Johnson.......Trumaine Johnson hiccups came when he had to react/click & close..

6 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

And still no mention of us shopping guys around. Starting to think we will keep all three of Bulaga, Cobb, and Nelson.

I don't really think any of the above are release candidates for us. jmo.

9 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

And still no mention of us shopping guys around. Starting to think we will keep all three of Bulaga, Cobb, and Nelson.

We have 20m in cap, no reason to make a move until there is a reason for it. Why cut Cobb and then Wilkerson and Johnson go and sign elsewhere? We can fit any non Cousins FA under our cap right now without cutting anyone so there is no reason to do it yet.

11 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I don't know, I'm not saying we do move those guys, but Green Bay is really good about being quiet. Look at Peppers and Bennet. Nobody even knew we were sniffing around them and they were sitting in Green Bay signing papers.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We have 20m in cap, no reason to make a move until there is a reason for it. Why cut Cobb and then Wilkerson and Johnson go and sign elsewhere? We can fit any non Cousins FA under our cap right now without cutting anyone so there is no reason to do it yet.

I thought we had 17.5 mil in cap right now with half dedicated to the up coming draft class?

Archived