2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Robinson gives you size, Watkins gives you deep threat speed. Not sure I'd go out and get Robinson coming off that injury. I like Watkins more out of the 2, guy is damn explosive. But Watkins might be too expensive even if we cut ties with Jordy or Cobb.

27 minutes ago, Chili said:

TT had many years of success grabbing cheap 2nd/3rd round WRs. Its an excellent way of keeping a position group talented and cheap.

There's absolutely no reason why can't we continue with that strategy?  Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Cobb, Adams...enough said.

It makes no sense to me to go out and splash money on a FA WR when we have proven we have been successful through the draft.

If we do have to target a FA WR then of course Robinson would be fantastic. Realistically I think Richardson and Montecrif are better receivers than Watkins. Watkins is all hype imo. In fact Richardson has more talent in his pinky fingers than Watkins and Montecrif put together. Dude can ball.

Well....by that measure.....somebody out of the Allison, Davis (Janis?) and/or Yancy crowd better be ready to step up at WR cause the fuels running low and the engine could sputter out.

7 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Robinson gives you size, Watkins gives you deep threat speed. Not sure I'd go out and get Robinson coming off that injury. I like Watkins more out of the 2, guy is damn explosive. But Watkins might be too expensive even if we cut ties with Jordy or Cobb.

Isn't Watkins always hurt?

edit: Just saw he played 15 games this season

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

Why do so many think Watkins is going to break the bank.  Per spotrac, his estimated Market value is around 6 million.  I've seen a couple articles put his value around 6 per year also.

If that's all he signs for I'm down

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

Why do so many think Watkins is going to break the bank.  Per spotrac, his estimated Market value is around 6 million.  I've seen a couple articles put his value around 6 per year also.

Well, I dont know what others are saying, but I was talking to Sammy last night and clearly said: "10M or nothin!"

So thats horse's mouth kinda stuff :)

6 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Personally I think we should just sign Robinson, Watkins and Graham and then Johnson and Butler on D...I mean thats not asking a lot ??

2 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Is this what they meant by more fan interaction?

Doing everything Ted did but leaking it to the press?

I was just coming to post this... They're probably just making sure it gets out they're in on guys. Or it's possible at least.

12 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I would imagine Spotrac is based primarily on production and not on talent, draft pedigree, name recognition, etc. There's no way Marqise Lee gets 7.5 and Watkins gets 6.

Archived