General Final Fantasy Thread

On 2/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Apparently, part 1 is over 100GBs in size and only covers the Midgar section of the game.  That's insane.

Holy poo. No kidding??? Wow..... Now, I haven't played the original in 20 years so I barely remember it but IIRC Midgar was maybe 10% of the entire game??

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Holy poo. No kidding??? Wow..... Now, I haven't played the original in 20 years so I barely remember it but IIRC Midgar was maybe 10% of the entire game??

Something like that, but I guess they have expanded things so much that Midgar itself is going to be its own game.  

33 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I haven't purposely watched the opening movie that has been put out there also. I want to be as surprised by this as much as possible but it's soooo damn tempting!

I watched it.  Its awesome.   Mostly just a graphical overhaul of the original and shows how fleshed out and alive Midgar is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I haven't purposely watched the opening movie that has been put out there also. I want to be as surprised by this as much as possible but it's soooo damn tempting!

Don't worry, it's basically a hi-res (VERY hi-res) upgrade on the original opening sequence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Something like that, but I guess they have expanded things so much that Midgar itself is going to be its own game.  

I watched it.  Its awesome.   Mostly just a graphical overhaul of the original and shows how fleshed out and alive Midgar is.

I remember reading that as well. There's just so much outside so I'm hoping they done skimp on that bc they made this so large. I doubt that'll be the case though.

Looking forward to seeing the movie on my TV. Just hope I can hold out until then

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I guess the FF7 demo is available on PSN.

I am honestly trying my best to pretty much avoid watching anything until I can just play it. It's going to be so difficult.

I'm sure it's been brought up in the thread, but I am also disappointed this isn't the full game.  I am too scared I am going to have to wait YEARS for the other installments. And how many will there be?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am honestly trying my best to pretty much avoid watching anything until I can just play it. It's going to be so difficult.

I'm sure it's been brought up in the thread, but I am also disappointed this isn't the full game.  I am too scared I am going to have to wait YEARS for the other installments. And how many will there be?

The thing is, once they have the gameplay mechanics and basic engine scripts down, as an admitted layman, I can't imagine that it should take that long to get the rest of the game done.   I'd hope at worst we'd get annual releases (much like CoD), if they aren't making major tweaks to the gameplay.

My guess is that we'd get 3 games, maybe 4.  If each game has about 15-20 hours of core gameplay, that's about right to have 3.   Plus with game 1 being Midgar, the natural "organic" sequencing would be to have Game 2 end with THAT scene (we all know it lol)...then game 3 be the post-big scene story.  

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Purely guessing, but I will say 3 games...

Part 2: Between Holiday 2022 and Summer 2023

Part 3:  sometime in 2025

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed especially since I'm finished with everything I have now until this comes out. I have to get The Outer Worlds before this weekend to avoid temptation

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Purely guessing, but I will say 3 games...

Part 2: Between Holiday 2022 and Summer 2023

Part 3:  sometime in 2025

I really hope there's not too much of a gap between games. I'm anxious to see how long the completionist is for this edition. I really hope I can get 50-60. 

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The thing is, once they have the gameplay mechanics and basic engine scripts down, as an admitted layman, I can't imagine that it should take that long to get the rest of the game done.   I'd hope at worst we'd get annual releases (much like CoD), if they aren't making major tweaks to the gameplay.

My guess is that we'd get 3 games, maybe 4.  If each game has about 15-20 hours of core gameplay, that's about right to have 3.   Plus with game 1 being Midgar, the natural "organic" sequencing would be to have Game 2 end with THAT scene (we all know it lol)...then game 3 be the post-big scene story.  

Didnt the original PS game have 3 discs? Pretty much the same way you broke it down.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Didnt the original PS game have 3 discs? Pretty much the same way you broke it down.

That famous scene was at the end of disc 1, the Midgar cannon scene / Weapon attack ended Disc 2.  Man I forgot how long the game is lol.