The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Here is the thing, maybe Foster has been done completely wrong, but I wouldn't take what she is saying on stand as the complete truth. There is still too much there for him not to have done something. Maybe he didn't hit her 8-10 times, but I highly doubt she threw the cell phone at him and he "sprinted away" from her. It is definitely a messed up situation all around. No one is ever going to know the truth aside from those two, but she just made Foster out to be choir boy with her testimony LOL. 

Its not what you know, it what you can prove...and in the case of the NFL...they will suspend you even if exonerated.

1 minute ago, Pandomonium said:

Its not what you know, it what you can prove...and in the case of the NFL...they will suspend you even if exonerated.

Oh no doubt. Once his ex-girlfriend made it be known she wasn't going to cooperate with the DA, then it was going to be EXTREMELY difficult to prove the charges. I'm not denying that one bit, just that he probably isn't as innocent as she is making him out to be. Or maybe he is, but for most he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt. LIS, messed up situation all around. 

With her testimony as well as the passenger's plus the video, it is going to be almost impossible for the DA to win this trial if the charges are not dropped today. 

Either she is a great liar, bat ish crazy or both lol.

But if she actually went to jail for falsely accusing someone, then that is a terrible look. Doubt the DA presses charges against her this admission though. 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Either she is a great liar, bat ish crazy or both lol.

But if she actually went to jail for falsely accusing someone, then that is a terrible look. Doubt the DA presses charges against her this admission though. 

Wow! Yeah, she really needs help. I doubt she gets time though. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

How does the DA not know about this 2011 arrest? 

Exactly! That is not due diligence. Background checks are probably pretty common for witnesses so prosecution avoids being embarrassed/blindsided.

I expect Foster's charges dismissed. Glad we hung on to him. Innocent until proven guilty wins out, this time.

14 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Exactly! That is not due diligence. Background checks are probably pretty common for witnesses so prosecution avoids being embarrassed/blindsided.

I expect Foster's charges dismissed. Glad we hung on to him. Innocent until proven guilty wins out, this time.

Honestly the DA should be embarrassed how this entire situation is playing out. It should never have gone this far, but now it has and they look like fools for wanting to proceed with these charges. 

Back to football talk I guess, our LB situation looks pretty solid outside the question marks at SAM. But maybe we see a fair amount of Smith-Foster-Warner sets by seasons end? 

In truth, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a deal behind all this. This is good for our team, because we get to keep a great player, but I think Reuben needs to have an even shorter leash now. He's managed to make this go away, or at least it's looking this way. But he's still an immature moron. Hopefully he has learned and grown from this experience. If he leads an exemplary life from now on, it will be great for our franchise, but more importantly, for him.

4 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Even with that new account by the girlfriend he still hit her correct? Because she has a busted ear drum. 

No. She said it happened during her fight a few days prior to the acquisitions. 

3 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Even with that new account by the girlfriend he still hit her correct? Because she has a busted ear drum. 

nope, she said he never hit her. She was in a fight the night before, came home went to sleep, the next morning Foster broke up with her and kaka hit the fan. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No. She said it happened during her fight a few days prior to the acquisitions. 

In her defense, with busted eardrums, maybe she never heard Reuben politely and calmly ask her to leave...

Archived