BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Well, it was DeMarcus Lawrence leading the charge.

Not my main point. A strong pass rush can do quite a bit. I’ve stated on multiple occasions Cuba had the best depth of pass rush in the leauge. Nothing more than that.

17 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Not my main point. A strong pass rush can do quite a bit. I’ve stated on multiple occasions Cuba had the best depth of pass rush in the leauge. Nothing more than that.

Who needs a pass rush when you can have an MVP QB juke the pass rush and somehow throw a 78 yard TD

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Random thought 

Let's have the bottom four teams write something for the other the last two - three weeks.  Ie team 16 writes 15, team 15 writes 16 

14/13 13/14 

Might eliminate tanking and give these owners with down teams something fun and different to do 

I mean you can have anyone but Lukic write it it is fine

9 hours ago, MD4L said:

You state a lot of things all the time, and it's all you over valuing your team.

Campbell and Hughes are really good and so is Flecther. But where is all this depth you're having about? You had Suggs, but he hasn't had a sack in over a month and is a role player. Thest of those guys are average to below role pkayers.

Edited by Jlash

BTW.  Here is the list of the teams with the most sacks this year  with their points allowed rank next to it followed by yards allowed 

Pittsburgh   11.6

New Orleans   12. 24

Arizona 26.18

Green Bay 16. 12

Kansas city 28.30

Minnesota 10. 3

So basically it's one top 5, one 6-10, one 11-15, one 16-20, one 21-25 and one 26-30 

So sure a great pass rush is nice to have but it's relatively meaningless if your back seven isn't good 

The issue for the Irl saints right now is their only offensive player with speed is Kamara so defenses don't have to really fear anyone taking the top off.  The saints were overly reliant on Ginn to be that guy as trequan Smith hadn't figured out how to beat a Jam at the line of scrimmage yet so Dallas just got real physical with their corners on the wide outs and got the pass rush an extra second or two to get home.  It's good football 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

You state a lot of things all the time, and it's all you over valuing your team.

Campbell and Hughes are really good and so is Flecther. But where is all this depth you're having about? You had Suggs, but he hasn't had a sack in over a month and is a role player. Thest of those guys are average to below role pkayers.

Bruce Irvin, Terrell Suggs, Julius Peppers, and Derwin James are a nice load of rotational guys whom get help from the big names. Lawrence Guy and Dareus would be the run pluggers to help get to passing downs.

24 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

BTW.  Here is the list of the teams with the most sacks this year  with their points allowed rank next to it followed by yards allowed 

Pittsburgh   11.6

New Orleans   12. 24

Arizona 26.18

Green Bay 16. 12

Kansas city 28.30

Minnesota 10. 3

So basically it's one top 5, one 6-10, one 11-15, one 16-20, one 21-25 and one 26-30 

So sure a great pass rush is nice to have but it's relatively meaningless if your back seven isn't good 

Secondary features two high level talents (Derwin James & Bryce Callahan) while Sherman has been elite through traditional measures (his PFF grade is 68 so I know there are other variables I’m not accounting for). Literally for 6-7 weeks consecutively Joyner helps the number two guy bc he was always going to be a relative liability in this leauge.

Edited by MD4L