BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

15 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Psh. you had a win AND a tie! I'm over here going from worst to first

No, I didnt.

Maybe the team did before I arrived to take over it, but I know for certain I was trying to push for my first win late in the season and with Marcus at QB it failed to happen.

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

No, I didnt.

Maybe the team did before I arrived to take over it, but I know for certain I was trying to push for my first win late in the season and with Marcus at QB it failed to happen.

3 hours ago, Whicker said:

I didn't win any games last year either. See, there's hope @MD4L and @SirA1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hPgiLAmHCINzN6SEcHaWH9SN23CMids_Ekij48i46wE/edit#gid=411038510

Ruskie you literally won the last game of the season 5-4 handing me Barkley in the process.

Whicker you were 3-1-10 beating both London and Compton along the way.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hPgiLAmHCINzN6SEcHaWH9SN23CMids_Ekij48i46wE/edit#gid=411038510

Ruskie you literally won the last game of the season 5-4 handing me Barkley in the process.

Whicker you were 3-1-10 beating both London and Compton along the way.

giphy.gif

Poll showed 4-3 I was losing. It closed early, but here are the votes:

Berlin
Ragnarok
DingoLadd
bcb1213
pheltzbahr
SwoleXmad (Comment only)
Whicker (Comment only)
Jlash (Comment only)

London
RuskieTitan
SirA1
Hockey5djh
WFLukic (Comment only)
TedLavie (Comment only)

I'm not entirely certain who was responsible for keeping track of the outcomes, but it certainly looks like the mistake of the poll closing early has impacted the final records. I honestly was unaware that my franchise was credited with a victory, as keeping track with the actual votes clearly shows Berlin had more votes, both in the actual poll as well as factoring comments.

Legit my mind is blown right now. Up until this moment I'd always operated under the assumption that I (as an owner) was winless last season, but I picked #2 in the round b/c the team had won a game before my arrival.

ICBR refuse to acknowledge a win that by all indications did not occur. The draft has already happened, so it's unfortunate if that actually impacted the draft order (especially whoever had my first round pick). Not sure if the records will be updated to reflect the correct score or if this is a case where history marked the wrong winner, but in my book I didn't win til 2018.

Random thought 

Let's have the bottom four teams write something for the other the last two - three weeks.  Ie team 16 writes 15, team 15 writes 16 

14/13 13/14 

Might eliminate tanking and give these owners with down teams something fun and different to do 

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Random thought 

Let's have the bottom four teams write something for the other the last two - three weeks.  Ie team 16 writes 15, team 15 writes 16 

14/13 13/14 

Might eliminate tanking and give these owners with down teams something fun and different to do 

I'm guessing you play two bottom 4 teams.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Random thought 

14/13 13/14 

If I'm in the bottom four no one is writing anything for me.

30 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Random thought 

14/13 13/14 

As someone typically near the bottom four, I fully endorse this idea.  Also, it would be interesting to see how other owners would think I should use my players.

Plus, it would avoid a situation where SirA can do what he did this weekend and jump up past me to 2nd in the draft order.  Which is something I wasnt pleased a about.