LB: Zach Brown
CB: Desmond Trufant
CB: Jimmy Smith
CB: Brandon Carr
SS: Malcolm Jenkins
FS: Glover Quin

Cap Space: 25k
Team Needs: WR, OL, Edge

Without a great deal of draft capital or money available, I don't think there'll be great improvements on this roster from now to the start of the season. Offensively this team will struggle a lot I think. The OL situation is the worst in the league - each starter is among the worst at their respective position in the BDL. Carr, despite his 25k a year, is a low end starter in the BDL at best - that contract is a huge albatross. The weapons aren't amazing or anything either, although they are young with upside. McCoy's good too, but how much longer has he got left especially with injuries creeping in.

Defensively this team is pretty solid though. Edge could use some upgrading, but I don't see any realistic solution outside of a trade. CB is decent if Smith can come back from the achilles injury well and the LB duo are fine, with a good safety pairing. Lack of established pass-rush outside of Short is killer though and that's what makes it difficult to see this D holding up when it's going to be on the field a lot cause of that offense.

I think this team was pretty fortunate to make the playoffs, much less almost upset Seoul. I don't think the same will happen this year unless Gruden pulls some magic out of Carr.

• Like 2

Btw disclaimer - I will get some starting lineups wrong and miss players. 

The way I did this was write down a team list first and then do the analysis. I don't have access to google docs on my work laptop which is what I used to write these up so I couldn't re-check if I missed anything. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Portland Horned Owls

I don't think the same will happen this year unless Gruden pulls some magic out of Carr.

I can agree with most of this and you more or less got the lineup exactly right, If Carr and LeSean flop next year I'm definitely screwed offensively but I have faith Carr will rebound to top 10 QB status. 

35 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Has Jimmy Smith been that good?  I know he was a stud for a bit...but he's been hurt a lot hasn't he?

Top 10 CB last year IMO, Achillies injury and the suspension screwed over his best season as a pro. 

If he's healthy he should be a very solid no.2 CB. 

Dang, I feel like the Ivory Coast one is a bit harsh. For one you missed Brandin Cooks who has a 5th year option I am guessing ruskie will pick up.

Other than that I knew it was time to rebuild so was working on making the core positions younger which I think I did an ok job at;

Under 25
QB Mariota
WR Cooks
LT Dawkins
DE Garrett
LB Alexander
CB White
CB Jackson

Under 30
QB Luck
RG Martin
DE Mack