BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

12 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

This, If say Carson Wentz left with a knee injury after he came back that'd probably sway the vote.

Who has the worst injury luck BDL wise this year? I nominate Ragnarok. 

I always have awful injury luck.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@Whicker  Could you verify I posted the two matchups correctly?

Also, do you want me to go ahead and post the following matchups?

Gotham Gashslayers @ Louisiana Jazz

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Portland Horned Owls

I am no longer the Oklahoma City Rogues but otherwise looks great.

I would go ahead and post the threads, but don't copy/paste any gameplans until Sunday. We are allowed to alter our writeups up until kickoff to account for any last minute inactives

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24616369/earl-thomas-activated-seattle-seahawks-plans-start-sunday

The Seattle Seahawks are activating safety Earl Thomas and plan to start him in Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos.

Coach Pete Carroll said earlier this week that Thomas had a good week of practice after returning to the team Wednesday from his holdout. At the time, he wouldn't say if Thomas -- the final member of the Legion of Boom -- would play.

"He was solid all week long," Carroll said. "He's fired up and studying and working hard at it, and he had a good week. We'll let you know how that's going to turn out here tomorrow."

Thomas, 29, held out all offseason while seeking a contract extension or a trade to a team that will give him one. He had implied that he took a discount in the past to keep the Seahawks' storied "Legion of Boom" together.

BDL rosters list him as IR/PUP, which is incorrect. I fully plan on utilizing Earl Thomas for tomorrow.

Are the players listed in the free agency sheet in the BDL roster workbook available to get picked up?

After hearing about injury to Orlando's safety being out for the year, I could really use another player.  

Placing him on IR do I get that years money back?   

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Are the players listed in the free agency sheet in the BDL roster workbook available to get picked up?

After hearing about injury to Orlando's safety being out for the year, I could really use another player.  

Placing him on IR do I get that years money back?   

No you still have to pay him but he does not count against the 70 man roster number, just the salary cap number.  The players listed as free agents can be claimed on waivers. 

We run waivers once a week where you get to pick up one player normally or two players if you have a guy hit IR that week. And that week only. 

Weekly max claims is two.  Waivers are due Wednesdays at 1159 PM eastern and I'll normally announce them Thursday morning 

Edited by bcb1213

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

No you still have to pay him but he does not count against the 70 man roster number, just the salary cap number.  The players listed as free agents can be claimed on waivers. 

We run waivers once a week where you get to pick up one player normally or two players if you have a guy hit IR that week. And that week only. 

Weekly max claims is two.  Waivers are due Wednesdays at 1159 PM eastern and I'll normally announce them Thursday morning 

Okay so I send you my waiver claims?

Is the waiver wire order listed somewhere?

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Okay so I send you my waiver claims?

Is the waiver wire order listed somewhere?

You probably can send them now, but I'd suggest you wait and see how players perform this week.

The waiver order is in reverse order of standings, TBD.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, MCoster said:

I'm starting Neal this week anyway. He played over 50% of the snaps still. 

On 9/7/2018 at 2:17 PM, Whicker said:

I believe the standard is as long as they are active for the game, they are good to go in BDL no matter when they got hurt

On 9/7/2018 at 3:53 PM, SirA1 said:

Yep. He's good for this week. 

21 hours ago, TedLavie said:

True. However @MCoster and @ny92mike if a guy reinjures himself during the game (not the case with Neal) people will take it into account.

Also, writeup is in

@ny92mike