BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

I guess another way to say this is: this league is still a fantasy driven league whether we like it or not. We are obviously splitting the difference as best we can, but in the end, skill position performances and matchups are easier to assess and matter more in voting. I feel like the ones who have embraced this, either intentional or not, are the ones who are having success. Ryan, AJ Green, Hilton. Brees, Gurley, Amari, Juju. Brady, Elliott, Thomas. Rivers, Kamara, Evans, Gronk. If you can't beat them...

In actual fantasy, Gordon is worth a ton more than a 1st and change. In the NFL, he's not worth a 1st and change. If I was looking for NFL value then yeah I get you scoff a little at this trade. But I'm looking for BDL value and I believe that RB's BDL value is significantly more than their NFL value. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

A poke in the eye...obviously a member that just can't let it go...come on man, you gonna keep this up all year.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Once you get to know JLash, you will realize that...yes, yes he is.  And probably beyond this year.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Also dumping the Treadwell contract isn't nothing. I was wanting to pay a 1st and small change for Gordon. The only way to make the salary work was for Dingo to take on Treadwell's contract, so I traded up a 6th to a 3rd. I was almost certainly downing Treadwell this offseason so that's an important part of it.

I didn't think it was a bad deal. You're right in that lots of people still treat this league a fantasy league, except lots of times names go further than they should. Now, a big name who is a big producer is a double whammy. He'll help your squad immensely.

I think it is a bit of an overpay just on the basis Gordon only has 2 years left on his deal and the gap between Mixon and Gordon as players probably doesn't justify the price but he's a good asset for whats shaping up as a bizzbowl run this year and will get some perception points from voters for sure.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Mixon has really done nothing in the league.

He started the year pretty well and might still go close to 1k yards. Gordon was a bust after 2 years, he only started to look better this past season. Obviously no guarantee Mixon reaches Gordon's level, but I personally would take my chances on the next 3 years of Mixon with the 1st and the 3rd vs. Gordon. Understandable if Whicker feels differently and having depth like that never hurts either.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MD4L said:

I respectfully disagree. The OL has old players, but the DL is young, the LBs are young, and the secondary is young. Derwin James, Quinton Dunbar, Bryce Callahan are amongst the best players at their respective positions so far. People see Kelvin Benjamin and can’t look past his RL situation so I have to target Julio facing double coverage 20 times.

The Avg Age of your DL is 30. In what world is that young?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The Avg Age of your DL is 30. In what world is that young?

That's thrown off by Suggs, Irvin and Peppers. The down fall is that the younger guys are wildly unathletic players like Ryan Anderson, Carl Nassib and Dorance Armstrong. So it's old and talented vs young and limited. 

Not gonna lie I was a big fan of Walker and Nnadi though, hoped they would've turned out better.

Edited by Jlash