BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Maybe not this year, since no one knew but what about for next season?

We can add it to the owners meeting but it won't pass for the same reason  we don't have dead cap. Keep it simple.

• Like 1

Hard no.

Unlike real life in which players are actually earning salaries, stadiums need to be filled and league rules need to be satisfied, there's nothing to stop one of us from staying way under the cap one year, tanking, getting a good draft pick and then signing a bunch of players and playing with way more cap space the next year. 

If we had a cap floor (say if the cap is 177k, 170k is the floor) then it might be possible but it's way simpler without.

4 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Hard no.

Unlike real life in which players are actually earning salaries, stadiums need to be filled and league rules need to be satisfied, there's nothing to stop one of us from staying way under the cap one year, tanking, getting a good draft pick and then signing a bunch of players and playing with way more cap space the next year. 

If we had a cap floor (say if the cap is 177k, 170k is the floor) then it might be possible but it's way simpler without.

thats cool man.

I forget that some are just looking to tank.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

We can add it to the owners meeting but it won't pass for the same reason  we don't have dead cap. Keep it simple.

No need to add it.

Just thought it would be a cool feature, but WFlukic reminded me that some would abuse it.

Kinda like Cleveland when they had something like over 100 million in available cap, either this year or last year.

Getting there.

Went ahead and loaded all of the team rosters, so if you're curious to see your roster, they are available.

However, there are still several players, mainly linebackers and defensive ends that are listed as edge or lb.  Would be awesome if we could dump this position type, but SirA1 said he'd help sort it out.

Also, in your team rosters sheets under the draft picks you'll find your teams free agents, with their fa status.

I used spotrac to determine their exp. to calculate if they are erfa / rfa / ufa.  Hope that helps.

I used 2 or less for erfa / 4 or less for rfa / 5 or more for UFA.  Couldn't remember if rfa was 3 or 4 seasons so if we need to change that let me know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

some would abuse it

Unfortunately at some point along the line this is a true statement. There's always someone who finds a loop hole. Although our worst loop hole finders have mostly gone away.

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Also, in your team rosters sheets under the draft picks you'll find your teams free agents, with their fa status.

I used spotrac to determine their exp. to calculate if they are erfa / rfa / ufa.  Hope that helps.

I used 2 or less for erfa / 4 or less for rfa / 5 or more for UFA.  Couldn't remember if rfa was 3 or 4 seasons so if we need to change that let me know.

RFA is 3 or less.

edit: If you're stuck on something there's always the google doc that was made up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PMWi_mLXhAdtxZF2PYBlXzqmtrQfDF1xx1v3_o8F-uA/edit

Edited by Jlash