Madden 19

MacReady

There are a lot of people that are hyped for Madden.  This forum is weird in that regard because the majority of people who post in this topic will not buy the game.  Normally, if you go to any other forum or even in other topics within this video game forum - most people who post in threads either actively play the game or have questions about the game.

55 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is the least amount of hype and excitement ive ever seen for a Madden game. 

Personally I'm more hyped for this madden than I have been in recent years. Some fundamental changes to franchise and team building in a positive direction do it for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Personally I'm more hyped for this madden than I have been in recent years. Some fundamental changes to franchise and team building in a positive direction do it for me

Agreed.  There is a little more hype around this Madden, for me personally, than I've had in the past few years.  I'm going to wait and see how the franchise mode is looking, hopefully Redbox it, and then look into buying it, if I'm liking what I'm seeing.  

1 hour ago, showtime said:

There are a lot of people that are hyped for Madden.  This forum is weird in that regard because the majority of people who post in this topic will not buy the game.  Normally, if you go to any other forum or even in other topics within this video game forum - most people who post in threads either actively play the game or have questions about the game.

Madden has built a very loud scorned fan base.  Most forums I visit (operation sports, ign, reddit), have a similar feel to this one, in regards to Madden.  

7 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

Madden has built a very loud scorned fan base.  Most forums I visit (operation sports, ign, reddit), have a similar feel to this one, in regards to Madden.  

Then why is Madden one of the highest selling games every single year?  According to Forbes, Madden 18 was the second highest selling game of 2017.  And actually, when I read OS, the majority of people there are actually going to buy the game and they actively play Madden.

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

Then why is Madden one of the highest selling games every single year?  According to Forbes, Madden 18 was the second highest selling game of 2017.  And actually, when I read OS, the majority of people there are actually going to buy the game and they actively play Madden.

I literally have no idea. It was #4 though, not #2.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/12/16/the-best-selling-video-games-of-2017-so-far/#1c7b856aab2b

I do wonder though why I can't find Madden's sale on a per year basis. I was under the assumption that their sales had been going through a decline lately.

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

Its the only football game available and when it comes out people are clamoring for anything football. I guarantee you it wouldn't be this popular if 2K published a competitor to it but its all we got. I have made a point to not buy it new. I will only buy it second hand. 

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

Not sure what selling well has to do with people being outspoken about their perceived shortcomings in the franchise?  Call of Duty also sells really well, doesn't mean that it's not getting bashed all over the internet.  NBA 2k is starting to fall into that territory, as well.  The negative base is just loud.  

Edited by jyod21

3 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

Not sure what selling well has to do with people being outspoken about their perceived shortcomings in the franchise?  Call of Duty also sells really well, doesn't mean that it's not getting bashed all over the internet.  NBA 2k is starting to fall into that territory, as well.  The negative base is just loud.  

Because your perception of how outspoken people are is just not correct.  Yes, there are people who are not happy with Madden, but the overwhelming majority of people are happy with the game and willingly buy it every single year.  It's the same with Call of Duty.  The majority of people who play that game have a ton of fun with it and look forward to it every year.

There is an extremely small percentage of people who are outspoken about Madden and Call of Duty and have major issues with those franchises.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I literally have no idea. It was #4 though, not #2.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/12/16/the-best-selling-video-games-of-2017-so-far/#1c7b856aab2b

I do wonder though why I can't find Madden's sale on a per year basis. I was under the assumption that their sales had been going through a decline lately.

The list I was looking at is weird.  It didn't have Call of Duty on it.  I think the list I was looking at was probably pre-CoD, so maybe sometime in September or October.