Madden 19

MacReady

On 2/28/2018 at 9:44 AM, Ras said:

More detailed list off the top of my head I'll like to see in franchise:

Realistic cap figures. The Ravens should not have 40mil in cap space at the end of the year.

Free agency feels boring to me as well. Everyone seems to get resigned which is not how it usually works irl.

Hire/fire Offensive, defensive coordinators, training,scouting staff.

More fluid menus. I should be able to trade my draft pick straight from draft menu. Half the offers you get from that one menu are a total rip off.

Mock drafts. New scouting system. Anything that is not simple like pushing square 3 times. Drafting should be a mix of skill and chance. 

Stories, should be more impactful.Why the hell is it in some menu in the back for no one to see?  Id like to see diva WRs complaining to the gm if they don't get the ball. Stars should also speak out if you're trading half your team. Maybe they ask for a trade or to be released. Personalities should mean something and that should play into team chemistry and in turn progression/ratings.

Why would they do any of that though? That's more work. People just buy it anyways.

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2018 at 10:07 AM, Danger said:

Why would they do any of that though? That's more work. People just buy it anyways.

Madden 17 - 18 was the first time I bought back-to-back Maddens (both on sale), and literally the only difference in franchise mode was........ implementing a 'draft board' which is really just a vertical list of any prospects you tagged 9_9

2 hours ago, Danger said:

They have a creative director???

I was thinking the same thing..... Must be the guy who's in charge of creatively separating peoples money from their pocket for the same thing every year. 

Edited by Spartacus

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I was thinking the same thing..... Must be the guy who's in charge of creatively separating peoples money from their pocket for the same thing every year. 

Rex was in charge of the direction that the game goes in each year. He was a prick, to say the least, and I'm not a fan of him at all.

IMHO this is a good thing for Madden, as a new direction was badly needed. They've been trying to make this game a thing in eSports and it's failed spectacularly. Their season finale championship had like maybe 1,000 viewers and only 500 RT's on Twitter for the championship. It was pathetic. A large part of that is because EA and Madden have decided to model their competitive scene around immature children/adults and the gameplay model where everyone runs maybe 5 unique plays all game long. It's boring to watch, the skill levels are lacking, and the competitors represent everything wrong with video games.

I hope with their new direction they focus on making the gameplay more authentic, more simulation based, and less around "who can master 1 formation with 3 plays the best?" like it has been the past 5 years or so. Time will tell. This was the first year I quit Madden after like a month ever since 2010 because the gameplay was horrible, MUT is garbage and only exists to make a profit, and it was a complete lateral step from last year's game which was also not impressive.

22 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Rex was in charge of the direction that the game goes in each year. He was a prick, to say the least, and I'm not a fan of him at all.

IMHO this is a good thing for Madden, as a new direction was badly needed. They've been trying to make this game a thing in eSports and it's failed spectacularly. Their season finale championship had like maybe 1,000 viewers and only 500 RT's on Twitter for the championship. It was pathetic. A large part of that is because EA and Madden have decided to model their competitive scene around immature children/adults and the gameplay model where everyone runs maybe 5 unique plays all game long. It's boring to watch, the skill levels are lacking, and the competitors represent everything wrong with video games.

I hope with their new direction they focus on making the gameplay more authentic, more simulation based, and less around "who can master 1 formation with 3 plays the best?" like it has been the past 5 years or so. Time will tell. This was the first year I quit Madden after like a month ever since 2010 because the gameplay was horrible, MUT is garbage and only exists to make a profit, and it was a complete lateral step from last year's game which was also not impressive.

Yup. I was talking about this on Reddit with someone. Easy to see what a terrible place your game is in when you have people only running cheese plays in a televised championship. It's a horrible look on Madden and it ultimately reflects on the NFL as well. NFL has to be seeing the criticisms right? I don't know how they could possibly consider extending the exclusivity deal. 

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

And BTW, this most likely means nothing for Madden 19. That game is probably about finished. 20 is where we may finally see some changes.

LOL, who am I kidding

Can you imagine how popular connected franchise leagues would be if they had any modicum of depth? 

4 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Yup. I was talking about this on Reddit with someone. Easy to see what a terrible place your game is in when you have people only running cheese plays in a televised championship. It's a horrible look on Madden and it ultimately reflects on the NFL as well. NFL has to be seeing the criticisms right? I don't know how they could possibly consider extending the exclusivity deal. 

I mean shoot the "GOAT" Madden player last year in the Madden Championship literally only ran 4 Verticals from a Trips TE formation and inside zone and on defense just ran a cover 2 nano blitz every single play. It's boring AF to watch. Everyone has a "base play", which on offense is your chunk yardage passing play and on defense is your nano blitz, and then they just make adjustments from there but every play is the same concept. It's so terrible to watch, and it's very telling that the NFL's only video game can only pull in maybe 1,000-1,500 viewers while lesser-known games like Rainbow Six: Siege average 3,000 viewers for their ESL playoff matches lol

24 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Can you imagine how popular connected franchise leagues would be if they had any modicum of depth? 

Insanely popular. I'm still campaigning that they need to include a MyPlayer like mode comparable to 2k and for the "myPark" bring back some NFL Street style action. Would be so fun.

But yes, first and foremost we need a proper franchise mode.. actually, I'll settle for acceptable at this point. 

24 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I mean shoot the "GOAT" Madden player last year in the Madden Championship literally only ran 4 Verticals from a Trips TE formation and inside zone and on defense just ran a cover 2 nano blitz every single play. It's boring AF to watch. Everyone has a "base play", which on offense is your chunk yardage passing play and on defense is your nano blitz, and then they just make adjustments from there but every play is the same concept. It's so terrible to watch, and it's very telling that the NFL's only video game can only pull in maybe 1,000-1,500 viewers while lesser-known games like Rainbow Six: Siege average 3,000 viewers for their ESL playoff matches lol

I mean, it also doesn't really help that Madden is just boring to watch. But yes, those numbers are embarrassing however you cut it when you're tied to the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

I mean, it also doesn't really help that Madden is just boring to watch. But yes, those numbers are embarrassing however you cut it when you're tied to the NFL. 

It is boring. I think if they made their competitive mode team-based instead of individual based it would be a lot more fun to watch. That's just my opinion though. Also if they didn't allow 13 year old kids shouting at each other to be a thing.

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Insanely popular. I'm still campaigning that they need to include a MyPlayer like mode comparable to 2k and for the "myPark" bring back some NFL Street style action. Would be so fun.

But yes, first and foremost we need a proper franchise mode.. actually, I'll settle for acceptable at this point. 

Madden is still missing features that they had in franchise mode in the PS2/XBOX/GCN era. It's insane. 

Connected Franchise doesn't make them any money, though, so it won't be a focus. Ultimate Team and online (through e-sports) can make them more money, so that's where all of the attention goes.